The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Housing with a friend

Ren_TheRedFox
Ren_TheRedFox
✭✭✭
Hey guys,

recently me and a friend of mine started housing together in my house and i was thinking how cool it would actually be in the game to have the option of owning a house together, since only the owner of a house is able to put things away which can sometimes be really annoying for a decorator. It would be great if, for example, after a wedding, you had the option to buy a house together with your partner and furnish it without having to constantly port into the house to get rid of certain things. What do you think of this idea? Do you like it?
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on May 5, 2023 12:58AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't take advantage but if it adds enjoyment to the game for others I'm all for it. Always have to include the one caveat though.
    So long as it doesn't impact server performance.

One problem I see is the house would somehow have to be associated with the two accounts. That could get messy. Maybe another permission allowing other players to remove items and place items from their inventory?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    would be cool
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @kargen27 hmm you're right about that one ... maybe smth that is bound account wide somehow
    Edited by Ren_TheRedFox on May 5, 2023 12:39AM
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The decorator permissions are somewhat helpful but they only allow you to move items already in the house. Full decorator permissions is what is needed - if the owner of the house trusts you enough, you could add, take away and move things just like the owner of the house. That would be very close to joint ownership except the house would only be on the owner's list of houses. That too could be included somehow with full decorator permissions.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Co-signing because my BFF and I are building a house together and it can be rough on the non-owner decorator. Like can’t even move stuff from outside to inside or vice-versa because you can’t pass through a door with furniture. Owner has to pick up and dump back out.

Would also love this for the annual Halloween house a fellow GM and I build together each year. Especially being able to place spooky mounts or pets I own but he doesn’t and vice-versa.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were put in game I doubt they would allow mounts, achievement busts and those type things to be included.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wouldn’t want to create the divorce court.

There is a better case for joint ownership by a guild, the control of which can already be transferred. Guilds of two players might then be a special case. Dissolving the guild leaves nobody owning the content. But one player leaving that guild leaves it to the other, as the last member is automatically guildmaster.

Guild ownership of the guildhall solves so many problems.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friends stop being friends which leads to the problem of dividing up what cannot be divided. That why Zenimax will link homes and items in a home to one account.

Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...can’t even move stuff from outside to inside or vice-versa because you can’t pass through a door with furniture.

The decorator can move things between the inside and the outside. They just need to toggle on decorator mode and select the item they are wanting to place from the list. This retrieves the item from wherever it is and they are then able to place it wherever they are.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 10, 2023 5:34AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...can’t even move stuff from outside to inside or vice-versa because you can’t pass through a door with furniture.

The decorator can move things between the inside and the outside. They just need to toggle on decorator mode and select the item they are wanting to place from the list. This retrieves the item from wherever it is and they are then able to place it wherever they are.

Oh, is that from a recent update? I play on console and we never had a list/option like that for as long as I can remember (granted, I have not tried to decorate a non-owned house in the past year or so). All you could do was grab an object and move it around.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh, is that from a recent update? I play on console and we never had a list/option like that for as long as I can remember (granted, I have not tried to decorate a non-owned house in the past year or so). All you could do was grab an object and move it around.

i haven't tried it myself, but try using your r1 or r2 (can't remember off the top of my head) in the menu to navigate to the retrieve option. Of course you need to know the name of the item, rather than the chair in the corner, but it will allow you to get it and move it between indoor and outdoor spaces
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It must have been because I was never able to do that before. But recently I was moving some things around at my friend's house and noticed I could do it.
    PCNA
    Options