Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Which is better for farming alliance rank ?

HalitCan
HalitCan
Soul Shriven
Yesterday i was at Cyrodiil, we were defending the keep for like 40 mins and then we lost it to a group ball. I didn't get any alliance points (except for the healing and damage ticks) and i felt like i just wasted 40 mins there. Now im wondering if i should spam battlegrounds instead of trying to farm ap at Cyrodiil.

Which is better for farming alliance rank ? 27 votes

Battlegrounds
11%
EliranLittlePinkDotderkaiserliche 3 votes
Cyrodiil
88%
TasvoriEtanielIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOThunderclapdsalterWikter_BravoAztriasQaghN3CR01WaywardArgonianFangOfTheTwoMoonsItsNotLivingmonkiiexDeusEJRxMesiteJannilunaslideNecrotech_MasterSaffronCitrusflowerUnabashedlyHonest 24 votes
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe it depends on the farmer themselves...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil
    I'll admit. I don't really like Battlegrounds. That may have swayed my vote.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil
    I find it difficult to keep up with the rest of the team in battlegrounds
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get into BGs quickly, they are a consistent source of AP.

But, in the long run, Cyrodil can give you much more over a period of time, depending on the activity your alliance.

• chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil pays for what it considers to be "wins" and it doesn't otherwise provide rewards.

Battlegrounds pays primarily for completion.

In the long run, Cyrodiil will generally outpay Battlegrounds because it is more generous with AP and you'll end up racking up a fair number of wins eventually. But, in shorter term scenarios Battlegrounds can beat out Cyrodiil.

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil
    Cyrodiil is infinitely easier, you don't actually need to participate a lot of the times in order to get rewarded with AP. Especially at long drawn own fights between factions you get tons of AP. You can get AP for healing players and repairing structures, whereas with BG you have to actually finish a match to get rewarded ap and that's not including wait time to get into a game.

Not to mention some fights in Cyro net tons of AP. It's possible to get 100k AP all in 1 fight if you goes on long enough.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade