The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenithar event drops gutted

Eliza Godhater
Eliza Godhater
✭✭✭
I was really very disappointed in the news about cutting back on drops from the Zenithar Event. What exactly is the the reason for that?
Many, many players have extra toons, for which we have BOUGHT character slots, and taken the time to level exactly for these types of events.
6msz64p912qk.jpeg
  • Hobobaggins272
    While we understand that the pTS process of event planning is in progress and changes might still be made, it is indeed very frustrating to have even the possibility of these limits on the table. For many, many of us who have been playing for years, the annual events like Jesters and New Life have become increasingly boring. I personally have stopped doing more than the bare minimum to get tickets.

So imagine my joy when Zeal of Zenithar was announced! Finally an event that corresponded with my preferred activities (crafting and trading)! There are benefits, as the OP noted, to saving up master writs for the event. A nice bonus for all the hard work we put into building up our writ vouchers (usually for funding the purchase of usable attunable tables to use/sell or to pick up furnishing items to use/sell). And the response of the community was amazing! So many tell me it’s their favorite event! Or was…

There are so many other events that provide incentive to do WBs or group dungeons or overland content. While we’ can, of course do more activities on other accounts to get extra boxes, for some, who may have one fully leveled crafter, this event gets pared down to 5 master writs. That’s 15min and 5 rewards a day. Whooooo! Not exactly what your events team anticipated as far as engagement. Please do not take away our ability to be rewarded for preferring and excelling at our chosen activity!

Play it your way means just that! Most events involve some sort of repeatable activity like daily quests. Limiting how much we participate cuts down in enthusiasm, participation and the level of excitement, which you NEED. Every player, most of whom are actively and doggedly persistent in crafting and engaged in trading, will be disenfranchised in participating in yet another hum drum event. Respect the lore! Respect our passion and please do not change the Zeal of Zenithar event rewards or put such a restrictive limits on our ability to profit and enjoy this event. There is a vibrant community of us weirdos that excel and prefer the joys of hard work and commerce, in the form of crafting and trading. Hail Zenithar!
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even less reason for khajiit to stay logged in. Thanks ZOS! This one's 18 7-prof master crafters will save their resources.

Perhaps it is choices like this that are the strategy behind the lag improvements?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is very disappointing. Time to start selling stockpiled master writs I guess.
  • SoraJP
    SoraJP
    ✭✭✭
    Play it your way means just that! Most events involve some sort of repeatable activity like daily quests. Limiting how much we participate cuts down in enthusiasm, participation and the level of excitement, which you NEED. Every player, most of whom are actively and doggedly persistent in crafting and engaged in trading, will be disenfranchised in participating in yet another hum drum event. Respect the lore! Respect our passion and please do not change the Zeal of Zenithar event rewards or put such a restrictive limits on our ability to profit and enjoy this event. There is a vibrant community of us weirdos that excel and prefer the joys of hard work and commerce, in the form of crafting and trading. Hail Zenithar!

Without the daily repeatable writs to farm reward boxes that leaves the thieving/murder as the most reliable way to farm these boxes. If these changes go through we must resort to mass murder in the cities of Tamriel to get our Zeal of Sithis, I mean Zeal of Zenithar reward boxes. Just putting in the hard work that Zenithar approves of by thieving stealing it under NPCs noses!
    PC/NA Khajiit Warden Main
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I see it as another way that ZoS is showing us they want to limit the playabiliy of alts.
    I parked all my alts, including a brand new toon that I had whole story line built around, when AwA came out.
    I only use them for events that reward crafting and the such, but I guess this is another event I will skip on my alts.
    "Play how you want! ~ Once"

Just my 2 drakes
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even less reason for khajiit to stay logged in. Thanks ZOS! This one's 18 7-prof master crafters will save their resources.

Perhaps it is choices like this that are the strategy behind the lag improvements?

doubtful, unless their idea of lag improvement is to have less people logged in during the event
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointing, I wonder if there was some aspect that was being exploited by some players, because I don't see why zos would willingly squash enthusiasm for an event. These events are the lifeblood of guilds and community spirit. The game desperately needs more engagement not less.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Lucinator
    Lucinator
    ✭✭
    They better reverse this, this was one of the most talked about upcoming events in my guilds in recent memory, when I mentioned this update there was a lot of bummed people.
  • tiriusavarao
    tiriusavarao
    ✭✭✭
    This is VERY disappointing news for us crafters. Some communication as to why would be appreciated. I too am a long-time player whose interest in the older events has waned, and was very much looking forward to this event because it offers something different from the usual world boss and event fights. Now, not so much. There is also the issue of cutting into the single-player side of this event. Players not active in guilds will suffer, while not being offered an alternative.

Zenithar is the god of work and commerce, isn't he? Not of fighting and stealing...
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. I have 18 master crafters (+2 on the way), but nevermind I guess. Thanks ZOS.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. We complained ad nauseum about it on the PTS. They ruined the event.

I don't understand why ZOS hates players having fun. Between this and them ruining endeavors on the PTS they are really trying to turn ESO into mobile game simulator whose only purpose is to sell crown crates.

I loved the ZOZ event. Now it is a shell of it's former one-year of glory.