The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game running Extremely Hot after update

StihlReign
StihlReign
✭✭✭✭
The game is running extremely hot after the latest update up to the eventual system crash. Temps are pushing to 102 Celcius (216F) then crash. Eso had been running around 72-80C

This has happened multiple times (5 thus far) and I'm concerned there will be real damage to the 3090, so we will not be playing ESO on any machines newer than this.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 7, 2023 5:59PM
"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably due to uncapped fps.
    Also are fans spinning? I set my fans to 100% speed at 75C, but GPU hotspot is usually below 65C.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    FPS is still capped. It was puzzling. Went into bios and made a few adjustments to the cpu cooler curves. Seems to be working thus far. Will give Cyro another shot tonight and see how things go.

Thank you for jumping in :)
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    mine heats up when looking and changing outfit styles that makes fans speed it up
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update regarding the overheating. With BIOS changes on the fans helping to resolve this issue, the thread will now be closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.