The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 38 - Feedback Thread for Beta Launcher (PC)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for beta launcher, which will be available for an opt-in test starting on May 2. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Once you are able to download a new patch using the updated launcher, did it seem like the patching process took longer, shorter, or felt the same?
  • Did you look into the new accessibility options? If so, what did you think?
If you run into any issues either downloading or using the updated launcher, please let us know and include your host.developer log and information from the game consultant.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 10, 2023 8:12PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    Upgrade went fast and smooth. Then it verified my files which went quickly while stuck 95 percent for 30 seconds and then finished.

The accessibility features are great and now I don't have to play around with compatibility settings in Windows on my 4K screen. Shame you continue to keep this fuzzy font. A crispier and ClearType font would improve readability a lot.

Controller support is great too but can still be improved. Just a press on A should launch the game after opening the launcher. And when in a confirm/dialog the B should be cancel and the A should be confirm if you adhere to standard controller (and ESO) conventions.

Remove obsolete files also works. Very good that you show a dialog with the files that are going to be removed because the launcher wanted removed all my shaders I set up very carefully. And without those, I won't play because I am a very visual person :)

And last but not least: downgrading went also smooth. No issues and both the live and PTS installation still work with no issues.
    Edited by licenturion on May 2, 2023 3:52PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Upgrade was simple and smooth with no issues. The new launcher reviewed and updated some files all on its own. I launched the PTS and logged in with no problems to see my EU characters waiting for me just as I had expected. I downgraded which was also simple and smooth. The "old" launcher was restored (without the PTS option) and I was able to log into the live game as needed.

One possible minor issue was that while the new launcher was reviewing and updating my system, the Network rate remained zero while the Disk rate was fluctuating with what appeared to be download speeds. Not a big issue so much as an oddity. I use a wireless connection on my gaming PC and not a wired one if that matters.
    Edited by LonePirate on May 2, 2023 5:11PM
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    I will check this out when I have a chance, but as long as we're discussing the launcher... I don't know if this is in the plans or not, but could you make the color of the Play button different for the Live and PTS servers? Loading into the game is all muscle memory for me, and I often don't look at anything other than the Play button. When there is a PTS update, the launcher auto-switches the selected install to PTS, so if I'm not paying attention, it's easy to click on the Play button without realizing it is launching PTS instead of Live.

If the PTS button were orange instead of blue, for instance, it would be much more obvious at a glance. If the new launcher eliminates the behavior of switching the selection to PTS when there is a patch, that would also work.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, I did the upgrade, it seemed to go well, updated the game (only the PTS server showed) went through the next update thing, it took a lot longer... when I logged in, my 1 low level character was there, so I created a new one to play with... I was never able to log him in... the game locked up and stopped responding... the ESO is not responding window showed up, I chose to close the game.

I went back into the launcher and "Down Graded" the launcher, it restarted with the old launcher but only listed "Elder Scrolls Online" no PTS server listed.

I tried to start the game and it failed to start (closed to the desk top)
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PS, is the only way we can get to the PTS via the upgraded launcher?
  • SARose
    SARose
    Soul Shriven
    My experience was smooth, no problems, note that it did report 0 network speed while downloading, which took 3-4 minutes. I went back and forth between the Live and the PTS a couple of times, logging in to my characters each time, and no problems. Live is not the only one on the old launcher and PTS is on the new.
  • SARose
    SARose
    Soul Shriven
    *Live is now the only one on the old launcher and PTS is on the new.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    Let's see, I did the upgrade, it seemed to go well, updated the game (only the PTS server showed) went through the next update thing, it took a lot longer... when I logged in, my 1 low level character was there, so I created a new one to play with... I was never able to log him in... the game locked up and stopped responding... the ESO is not responding window showed up, I chose to close the game.

I went back into the launcher and "Down Graded" the launcher, it restarted with the old launcher but only listed "Elder Scrolls Online" no PTS server listed.

I tried to start the game and it failed to start (closed to the desk top)

After downgrade, you have to re-enable PTS in the settings.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Happend just once:
    roe5eke8pa13.png
    v7dt1rs6wv63.png
    After upgrade:
    wq10sntpctk2.png
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    Had this random error in the morning:

vc2w0jtzg5zc.png

Closed it, started the PTS, everything worked fine, downgraded to live launcher, live was fine. However, when I upgraded to beta again, got this error:

yfwsn0jcd10v.png

Launcher verified the files for maybe 20-30 seconds, after that I had no problems running PTS.
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small bit of design feedback.

Why does the 'Game options' button need two icons? It has a cog to the left and a dropdown icon to the right.

Additionally, if you move this label above the divider line you can show two full news stories. Rather than 1 and a half.

I made a quick mockup of some changes I would consider.

Suggested design:
    ytTebTb.jpeg

Old design:
    pR87LQV.png

I would also love to see you remove the three asterisks added to the top story. I know they are used to keep prominent stories at the top, however, they can be removed just before displaying the text to the user.

Finally, I would love to see a font size drop-down in the accessibility menu so that more or less content can be displayed in the news feed at a time.

Many thanks!
    Edited by CyberOnEso on May 6, 2023 9:38AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »

After downgrade, you have to re-enable PTS in the settings.

First off, Thank you Votan and for your add-ons, I use quite a number of them.

Second, the character I made on the PTS was there when I got into the server.
  • Midni
    Midni
    ✭✭
    The upgrade was flawless and fast. I use an ARM-based M1 MacBook Pro and was super happy to see that the Display Menu workaround is no longer needed. It truly makes a difference.

The downgrade never fully worked for me. The launcher kept on opening and closing. I read that it's part of the downgrade process, but at some point I let it do that for at least 20 minutes until I force quit the application. Eventually, I reinstalled the launcher.

Another thing I noticed while in PTS was that parts of the UI had somewhat shrank. After logging in with a character, all the text for quests, character info, quest journal and so on, was super tiny.

Finally, I tried the accessibility options and the look and feel are very elegant to my taste. Everything you do in this regard is fantastic! I'm way too used to the default PC UI though so I turned the accessibility features off.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New launcher installed smoothly and undated and launched PTS without issue. Having 4k support on the new launcher is a big win. It’s nice to have it not be a tiny box anymore. I checked out the accessibility settings briefly and they seem to work well.

I launch the live game from the executable and not the launcher, so I won’t have to deal with reverting until the next live patch, but so far so good.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche