The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you want to see updates to the justice/thieving system?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Saint-Ange wrote: »
    I'd like an enforced justice system because thieves and assassins have it too easy at the moment and the game feels more like a high fantasy GTA with them crouching and stilling everywhere and NPC walking on multiple iterations of their murdered bodies.
    I don't want a PvP based justice system nor a bounty one but I'll quote below one of my comments on the matter:
    Saint-Ange wrote: »

Even during the medieval or antiquity periods taking into your hands, as a commoner, the killing of a bandit or murderer made you one yourself so that's a no for the PvP part.

For now what works:
    Guards see the thief or the NPC succeeds to give the alarm.

What does not work:
    We players witness robbery or blood crime, we can't give the alarm nor go to guards and point them in the direction.

What could work:
    • Invisibility is now activated toward other players in PvE like in PvP unless in the same group/raid.
    • 1 Quickslot item/action: 3 actions that auto switch sequencialy. Eyeing, Alarm, Point.
    • I witness a crime: I target the thief with Eyeing: I get the buff Witness linked to the thief ID for a duration.
    • Direct interaction: I have in my line of sight both the thief and a guard then I target the guard (Alarm) then the thief (Point): the guard pursuits for a duration.
    • Tracking: I know where the thief hides then I find and target a guard, use Alarm: short dialog with RNG: agree/disagree/intimidate (can backfire)/persuade. If success the guard follow me for a duration until I point at the thief or the duration ends.
    • Outlaw's refuges remain out of reach.

This is the only bounty system I've read I can get behind. As long as being witnessed doesn't prevent from using stealth to my advantage. Also they should do this and they make that Thieves Guild passive where there are alternative helpers to shuttle you to the outlaw's refuge last a little longer so I actually have a chance of making it to them.

A complete useless system as guards are nothing but a nuisance if you know how to handle them. In fact i don't even try to avoid them most of the time but jump in, do whatever i want and run away while multiple of them are chasing me. It's nothing but a waste of time for anyone pointing a finger to me, i wouldn't even care.

It add some RPG flavor without being some unreasonable new burden.