The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Glyph question

TairenSoul
TairenSoul
✭✭✭
I understand that glyphs are scaled, but what are they scaled off of? The Truly superb glyph of weapon damage made with Kuta is increased damage by 348 and it goes down to 174 when applied?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 29, 2023 3:16AM
Heavy is the crown.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it tue same glyph maybe?
    Soupy twist
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I figured that part out. What was throwing me off was the numbers changing.
    Heavy is the crown.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One-handed weapons get half the effect that two-handed get, because you can wield two at once.
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Heavy is the crown.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But don't put two of the same glyphs on your one-handers because they share the same cooldown. It's the same as using only one and leaving the other weapon without a glyph at all.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it also depends on the quality of the weapon. A blue quality weapon with a gold enchantment I THINK reduces the enchantment to blue. But if upgraded it'll be purple enchantment and then gold. If you enchant a blue quality weapon with a blue enchantment and upgrade the weapon it'll be a purple weapon with blue enchantment, if that makes any sense.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I think it also depends on the quality of the weapon. A blue quality weapon with a gold enchantment I THINK reduces the enchantment to blue. But if upgraded it'll be purple enchantment and then gold. If you enchant a blue quality weapon with a blue enchantment and upgrade the weapon it'll be a purple weapon with blue enchantment, if that makes any sense.

Not quite.

If you get a weapon or armor drop that has an attachment already on it, upgrading the gear upgrades the Enchantment.

If you apply an enchantment to a weapon or armor, either one you craft or a dropped item, then that enchantment does not upgrade with the weapon or armor. You need to apply a new enchantment.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Not quite.

If you get a weapon or armor drop that has an attachment already on it, upgrading the gear upgrades the Enchantment.

If you apply an enchantment to a weapon or armor, either one you craft or a dropped item, then that enchantment does not upgrade with the weapon or armor. You need to apply a new enchantment.

Yeah that’s what I meant aheh. Thank you for adding additional clarity.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Not quite.

Yeah that’s what I meant aheh. Thank you for adding additional clarity.

Also, I have put a Gold Glyph on a Green item and got the full gold value. I have a thousand Kutas so I can weird experiments....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"