The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an auto dodge script going around right now?

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    (5 items) When you Block, you gain Meridia's Blessed Armor for 5 seconds, causing you to dodge all incoming attacks. This effect can occur once every 25 seconds.

Yeah, but as far as I know the game's animation doesn't display that dodging. I should know, because I wear a 5-piece set of that armor on my PC EU main, and I've yet to see a dodging animation after I successfully block an attack and the set procs-- and it's easy to tell when that happens, because there's a burst of light.

I believe the dodging that the OP is talking about is roll-dodging you can actually see, not a proc from a set.

A nightblade wearing Meridia's with Nikulas and Lefthander's Aegis plus slotting Arcane Alacrity CP and casting Mirage should effectively be able to roll indefinitely and take no damage. Of course, they aren't going to hurt you much with that set up, but good luck killing them.

Also, a lot of people don't realize that Gaze of Sithis still lets you block.... it just removes the damage mitigation. Every other effect that is triggered by blocking is not affected.

Hmm, I'll have to look into those.

I chose Meridia's for my PC EU NB main after he made it through the Coldharbour zone questline. It was time to settle upon some reasonably-okay gear for him, so I looked through everything I had on hand and decided that Meridia's looked okay. That was long before it got nerfed, so it was actually a better choice back then.

My other 5-piece set on that character is Seventh Legion. But I don't even know whether I get much use from that set's proc, as I don't often cast abilities that increase my Physical or Spell Resistance.

Hmm, maybe I should rethink one of my rings so I can get the 3-item Defiler bonus with my 2H weapon.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see people dodging my mages fury while running away, NO DODGE ROLL or anything

this.right.here.all.the.[snip].time.

some are nearly untargetable, too.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 1, 2023 10:05AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    (5 items) When you Block, you gain Meridia's Blessed Armor for 5 seconds, causing you to dodge all incoming attacks. This effect can occur once every 25 seconds.

Yeah, but as far as I know the game's animation doesn't display that dodging. I should know, because I wear a 5-piece set of that armor on my PC EU main, and I've yet to see a dodging animation after I successfully block an attack and the set procs-- and it's easy to tell when that happens, because there's a burst of light.

I believe the dodging that the OP is talking about is roll-dodging you can actually see, not a proc from a set.

A nightblade wearing Meridia's with Nikulas and Lefthander's Aegis plus slotting Arcane Alacrity CP and casting Mirage should effectively be able to roll indefinitely and take no damage. Of course, they aren't going to hurt you much with that set up, but good luck killing them.

Also, a lot of people don't realize that Gaze of Sithis still lets you block.... it just removes the damage mitigation. Every other effect that is triggered by blocking is not affected.

Hmm, I'll have to look into those.

You can also run Jorvuld's Guidance with Lefthanders to get two GCDs out of each roll. Assuming you've also slotted the Bastion CP, have reasonable resists, and aren't taking more than 40k damage per second.... you will be invulnerable until you run out of stamina.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.