The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Send me your ideas oh theory crafting gurus (1H&S StamKnight DD)

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Back in the day, I used to have a for fun 1H&S StamKnight build that made use of high Crit Chance and instant procs which gave me some really fun burst while also scratching the immersion itch of using a shield. I wore Viper's Sting, Morag Tong, and Tremorscale. I was enjoying it so much until the changes happened to those sets as well as the lowering of Crit Chance source values.

Now I want to see about remaking it but of course with different sets this time, focusing on damage modifiers rather than procs. Do you have any ideas for complimenting a build starting off with a set of Knight-Errant's? Using a Khajiit, should I go with Order's Wrath and the Thief? Or maybe Spriggans with the Shadow?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you like this one?
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=529935

I know it's not live yet, but this build makes use of the new Super Mythic. That is super comfy for 1H SnB as it offsets most of its weaknesses.
    Obviously you can swap Briarheart out for any set of your choice. Medium or light armor is irrelevant as you can swap with Order's Wrath and that can be any weight you want.

Backbar weapon is your choice. I like 2H with this one, because I get 40s Major Brutality with 40s minor Endurance. That balances out the sustain quite nicely. If you go for a Maelstrom Staff, you should use the class source for Major Brutality, Igneous Weapon.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 27, 2023 3:59PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hang on a second. Viper + Tremoscale? That was PvP meta. Are you in the right forum? Is this for PvP or PvE?

1H+S has long been gutted as a DD skill line. The raw stats are OK, but the only damage skill that really stands to benefit from Knight Errant is Power Bash. I'm assuming you will use that. Try Deadland's Demolisher + Knight Errant then. Also use Bash enchants. You can buff Power Bash quite a bit using that approach and you can bash weave, e.g. light attack -> Power Bash -> Bash all in one second. The problem is, I tried that relatively recently and the damage was just not there. Not in PvP and not against a PvE dummy either. Should be OK for a role-playing build, I guess.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Hang on a second. Viper + Tremoscale? That was PvP meta. Are you in the right forum? Is this for PvP or PvE?

1H+S has long been gutted as a DD skill line. The raw stats are OK, but the only damage skill that really stands to benefit from Knight Errant is Power Bash. I'm assuming you will use that. Try Deadland's Demolisher + Knight Errant then. Also use Bash enchants. You can buff Power Bash quite a bit using that approach and you can bash weave, e.g. light attack -> Power Bash -> Bash all in one second. The problem is, I tried that relatively recently and the damage was just not there. Not in PvP and not against a PvE dummy either. Should be OK for a role-playing build, I guess.

I used it in overland PvE mostly, I did take it into Cyrodiil once or twice but PvP wasn't my thing back then. Lemme find a clip of my time with it,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O2n0SMSKZqM

Back then I enjoyed using it cause I could get my critical chance up to or past 70%, I crit almost all the time, a Critical hit from Puncture was pretty decent. Again I just miss it cause it was my for fun build, a chance to be a PvE DD using 1H&S instead of the standard DW for Stamina.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you like this one?
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=529935

I know it's not live yet, but this build makes use of the new Super Mythic. That is super comfy for 1H SnB as it offsets most of its weaknesses.
    Obviously you can swap Briarheart out for any set of your choice. Medium or light armor is irrelevant as you can swap with Order's Wrath and that can be any weight you want.

Backbar weapon is your choice. I like 2H with this one, because I get 40s Major Brutality with 40s minor Endurance. That balances out the sustain quite nicely. If you go for a Maelstrom Staff, you should use the class source for Major Brutality, Igneous Weapon.

That build actually has really high damage and crit, I think you just persuaded me into gathering a Briarheart set finally.

Maybe a Masters Bow on the back bar?
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    That build actually has really high damage and crit, I think you just persuaded me into gathering a Briarheart set finally.

Yeah, that Velothi Ur Amulet is mighty. I don't know about the Master's Bow.
    I never used it, to be honest, as I find the trigger ability to be of less use as a backbar DoT, because it is single target.
    I prefer Endless hail on a Maelstrom Bow and Merciless Charge to both of them
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that Velothi Ur Amulet is mighty. I don't know about the Master's Bow.
    I never used it, to be honest, as I find the trigger ability to be of less use as a backbar DoT, because it is single target.
    I prefer Endless hail on a Maelstrom Bow and Merciless Charge to both of them

Is that amulet the one that gives a bunch of damage buffs in exchange for weaker light and heavies?
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHHotks4QB8

Not sure if this is the type of thing you're looking for but I've built it and its quite fun.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that amulet the one that gives a bunch of damage buffs in exchange for weaker light and heavies?

Jup. That's the one.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally took a day to make the build, (and spent a pretty penny making things gold). At first, I decided to make it easier on me and make use of the Swamp Raider set the character already had while farming for the rest of the Knight Errant pieces. After gathering it all together, and pretty much forced to making all of the swamp raider pieces gold just to eek out enough stats to bring my Wep Damage to a flat 5,000 fully buffed, I took the character out and, it's not really fun. Knight Errant, Swamp Raider, and Balorgh for trying to stack base damage, however even with the Thief mundus, my Crit Chance on a Khajiit buffed didn't even hit 35%. My 40% Crit Dmg was being wasted, and my Physical Pen was barely existent at just 700. I tried giving up on Crit and using the Lover Mundus for an extra 3,500 pen, plus Major Breach from either Puncture or Noxious Breath but even still, I'm not reliving the fond memories of my old build.

I've now decided to try building for Crit again, and have been farming Leviathan pieces, but that stupid Bow is refusing to drop. I'll have to see how that plays BEFORE spending the cash on gold mats this time, but even still I'm starting to think I should just abandon the idea of playing a 1H&S Off DD. I know they already buffed Knight Errant, but I'd love if it was buffed again. Make the Weapon Damage modifier 600 instead of 450, like other sets.

Also just to reiterate my position, I'm not taking this build into group content, this is strictly for solo overland play.
    N3CR01 wrote: »

Not sure if this is the type of thing you're looking for but I've built it and its quite fun.

I finally just watched this and never thought about making this a one bar build, this character actually does have an Oakensoul Ring too. I might look into that.

--Leviathan only served to give me 7% more crit chance, but the buffs from Oakensoul are nice, and the build played a tiny bit better, since Swamp Raider only buffed my Poison Claw, basically. Swapped Leviathan with Hunding's Rage and now if I make the weapon Precise I can have a flat 40% crit chance with 5200 Wep Dmg, or, keep it Nirned and have 37% with 5500 dmg. From what I remember reading about how Crit Chance percentages work they round down every 5%? Hate how hard it is to build Crit.
    Edited by ArchMikem on July 12, 2023 1:50AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Knight Errant + Hundings combo seems to be working well with Oakensoul, I'm actually even a decent Off Tank, but I'm left with one more debate I'd like opinions on.

Which provides more benefit, 2,000 Penetration, or 200 Weapon Damage?
    Edited by ArchMikem on July 13, 2023 5:47AM
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    2kn Pen will be much more beneficial than 200 WD.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry for not providing context for this buy I actually tested on a dummy and the 200 wep dmg actually gives my attacks 100 more damage than the extra penetration. I guess I heard that basic overland mobs have 8k armor? And using 1H&S Pierce Armor alone mitigates all of that in one hit, so the extra 2k pen is being wasted.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry for not providing context for this buy I actually tested on a dummy and the 200 wep dmg actually gives my attacks 100 more damage than the extra penetration. I guess I heard that basic overland mobs have 8k armor? And using 1H&S Pierce Armor alone mitigates all of that in one hit, so the extra 2k pen is being wasted.

In actual content, the pen would be better.
    Things are always different on the dummies and if you're using the trial dummy, that already gets you to the cap anyways.
    Also, Pierce Armour will knock off 6k, not 8k and boss' have 18.2k armor.
    It really depends whether you're building for solo play or not.
    For solo, pen is more important.
    Edited by N3CR01 on July 14, 2023 11:46AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Things are always different on the dummies and if you're using the trial dummy, that already gets you to the cap anyways.

Pierce Armor is the morph that applies Minor and Major breach, removing up to 9k armor total.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭

Pierce Armor is the morph that applies Minor and Major breach, removing up to 9k armor total.

Ah, ok. Forgot about the minor is gives.