Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am fed up with the stuck in combat bug in Cyrodiil that's been around since launch

mrfrontman
mrfrontman
✭✭✭✭
Honestly when is this going to get fixed?! We've been asking for years now, since the games launch to be precise and this is an issue that seriously infuriates a lot of players including myself. Being stuck in combat, especially 10 minutes after you've already died sitting at your factions base doing nothing is absurd. You can't mount, you can't swap your gear sets or skills and it's extremely frustrating having to wait a ridiculous amount of time when you should have been out of combat the second you died.

Enough is enough, this needs to be resolved because I am fed up with this stupid bug.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is the worst bug in the game. Every day you have to visit Uncle Shreo's cheese chamber several times to be able to ride again.
    I don't know when Zeni last said something publicly about this. Also a very "customer-friendly" way to silence his problems.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that in some high latency zones stuck in combat happens all the time such as Grahtwood for example. I can be running along, agro a trash mob and be in combat five minutes later. Other zones you can agro the same lower level mob types and be out of combat rather quickly. Whenever I log into Grahtwood it always takes at least 30 seconds before I can see any of the NPC's and the players always are dark black for about the same amount of time. I'm wondering if it's just lag related since Cyrodiil is king of lag.
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Out of combat should happen after leaving a set radius from initial combat location.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is also absurd that you can also be stuck “in combat” in a PvE zone just for some enemy SEEING you and not even hitting you.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that sometimes helps me when I get stuck in combat is to do a roll-dodge, as I do if I'm unable to loot a corpse due to desync.

Another thing that sometimes helps is to crouch and wait until you become hidden, then stand up again and see if you're able to mount.

Those two things are helpful in different situations, so if one doesn't help then the other might, or neither of them might.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    One thing that sometimes helps me when I get stuck in combat is to do a roll-dodge, as I do if I'm unable to loot a corpse due to desync.

Another thing that sometimes helps is to crouch and wait until you become hidden, then stand up again and see if you're able to mount.

Those two things are helpful in different situations, so if one doesn't help then the other might, or neither of them might.

Unfortunately neither of these work, especially in Cyrodiil. It's completely absurd to be stuck in combat even after dying. I'm a newbie developer and I could write code that would execute that properly better than ZOS has done and that's saying a lot.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrfrontman wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Unfortunately neither of these work, especially in Cyrodiil. It's completely absurd to be stuck in combat even after dying. I'm a newbie developer and I could write code that would execute that properly better than ZOS has done and that's saying a lot.

As I said, it depends on the situations. Not all "stuck in combat" situations are for the same reasons. These two have worked for me in Cyrodiil, but they only work for certain situations.

The crouch-and-hide suggestion is specifically for when you aggro one or more mobs, then are unable to mount because you are "in combat" even though you're no longer anywhere near the mobs, which is one of the situations I frequently see players complaining about. When it happens to me in Cyrodiil, I find that crouching and waiting until I become hidden-- which can take several seconds, despite the aggroed mobs being far away-- I can mount afterward.

The dodge-roll is something I just recently started experimenting with after being killed in fights, rezzing at a friendly keep, but then being unable to mount to ride back to the fighting. If I dodge-roll, try to mount, then dodge-roll again if I still can't mount, and keep repeating as necessary, sometimes I can eventually mount. Maybe it's just a coincidence due to some fight-related debuff finally expiring, or whatever, but I know that dodge-rolling has specifically been suggested (by ZOS, I think) for certain situations in PvE, such as if you find that you're unable to interact with things (such as corpses or containers that you want to loot) after being in a fight-- presumably because the game thinks you're still in the fight due to a desync. It's been a long while since I first read that suggestion, so I can't be sure who mentioned it, but you might be able to find mention of it from some years ago if you search these forums.

Do these work all the time? No. Do they work sometimes? Yes, for me they sometimes do-- and yes, I do mean in Cyrodiil.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility pots sometimes help, but I think it has a lot to do with someone you hit still being in active combat, or someone you healed as it's much worse on my templar than my NB.

I literally try to keep as much swift, wild hunt, and steed as possible with a build because I am known amongst all I play with as the guy that's always stuck in combat. I don't think the devs take it seriously as it's not game "breaking" but there's only so much you can endure of constant annoyances before you get a feeling in the pit of your stomach that persuades you not to login, no matter how much you'd like to run with your friends. And this has been going on for years with me
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on April 27, 2023 2:10PM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am inclined to believe that the dev assigned to this issue has been stuck in traffic since launch.