The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do I look for a Dreadsail Reef trial run?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
I resubbed. I can see that there is a LFG option for the card game but still nothing for trials :(

Where do I look for trials nowadays? Via the zone chat typing "LFT Dreadsail Reef DPS CP 1006 here"?

Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 24, 2023 3:14AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a normal run you can go to craglorn and type "dps lf nDSR", at least that's how it is on PC NA. If you're looking for veteran you'd be best joining a training guild through the guildfinder or through recommendation.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High Isle is still a 'Chapter' and is not covered by ESO+, so a lot of players still do not have access to it. Based on previous chapters, once the next chapter comes out in June, High Isle should become available for crowns and be included in ESO+. I expect there will be a lot more people wanting to run it once that happens.

Having said that, your best bet is to find a trial guild and run it with an organized group. I only ran it for the first time on Friday and again on Saturday. It is a long trial where good DPS makes a real difference, even on normal.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    High Isle is still a 'Chapter' and is not covered by ESO+, so a lot of players still do not have access to it. Based on previous chapters, once the next chapter comes out in June, High Isle should become available for crowns and be included in ESO+. I expect there will be a lot more people wanting to run it once that happens.

Having said that, your best bet is to find a trial guild and run it with an organized group. I only ran it for the first time on Friday and again on Saturday. It is a long trial where good DPS makes a real difference, even on normal.

Thank you! I own the chapter. Somehow I am just surprised that it is time consuming to find a random group for a trial in 2023. :( I do not want to run this on vet, just a normal run.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »

Thank you! I own the chapter. Somehow I am just surprised that it is time consuming to find a random group for a trial in 2023. :( I do not want to run this on vet, just a normal run.
    You could make your own group (in Belkarth):

LFM 1T 2H 8DD nDSR

Could ask for two tanks, I suppose, but one tank who knows what they're doing is enough. That said, I was playing the tank myself, which took one of the variables out of it. As a Tormentor tank (the set) I preferred being the only tank. It's sufficient for normal mode. In fact, I found that aggroing everything as much as possible with Tormentor / Stampede protects the group better than Pearlescent (on normal mode). Steadfast Mettle and other measures reduced block cost to 400 and something, which meant you could clamp down on block, although this was when Ash Cloud still returned stamina. Another off the wall, but effective, set with Tormentor is Vicious Ophidian, believe it or not. Since you do AOE damage to everything as you rush in with Stampede, Vicious Ophidian gives you stamina back while you're blocking when the group subsequently kills adds. Won't help with the last fight, though, as there are few adds and the tank stands apart from the group. Anyhow, these were my normal mode tactics. (I finished farming a while ago).

(As an aside, veteran would be an entirely different kettle of fish. vDSR seems to be really unforgiving for new / random groups as far as I can tell, even with Discord and a good / patient leader. The one time I participated, we failed at the first boss.)
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    fetito666 wrote: »

You could make your own group (in Belkarth):

LFM 1T 2H 8DD nDSR

Could ask for two tanks, I suppose, but one tank who knows what they're doing is enough. That said, I was playing the tank myself, which took one of the variables out of it. As a Tormentor tank (the set) I preferred being the only tank. It's sufficient for normal mode. In fact, I found that aggroing everything as much as possible with Tormentor / Stampede protects the group better than Pearlescent (on normal mode). Steadfast Mettle and other measures reduced block cost to 400 and something, which meant you could clamp down on block, although this was when Ash Cloud still returned stamina. Another off the wall, but effective, set with Tormentor is Vicious Ophidian, believe it or not. Since you do AOE damage to everything as you rush in with Stampede, Vicious Ophidian gives you stamina back while you're blocking when the group subsequently kills adds. Won't help with the last fight, though, as there are few adds and the tank stands apart from the group. Anyhow, these were my normal mode tactics. (I finished farming a while ago).

(As an aside, veteran would be an entirely different kettle of fish. vDSR seems to be really unforgiving for new / random groups as far as I can tell, even with Discord and a good / patient leader. The one time I participated, we failed at the first boss.)

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate this. How long does it usually take to form a group for this trial? Last Sunday I was not able to form a group within 1 hour and disconnected completely frustrated.

I used the zone chat.

Is it easier to find people via Discord?

Thank you!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @fetito666, I'd say about half an hour on PC EU at prime time in the evening. Maybe an hour tops. Other platforms may vary; PC EU is probably the biggest one. You have to put the effort in sometimes. It can be quite random. Most people will come from Craglorn, but if it's slow then also ask in guild chat and travel to the big zones, e.g. the Undaunted cities, Stormhaven, Mournhold, Grahtwood, Vivec City (crafting central), maybe a few others, repeating the same message in zone chat everywhere. Tanks and healers can be hard to get. Ask group members to help by posting in their guilds or asking their friends. Ask whether someone can switch to tank or healer, if the group is nearly full and you struggle to find those.

Before you start, however, watch Craglorn zone chat for a minute or two. You don't want to compete with someone else putting a group together for the same content. You might just ask to join a group first, e.g. DD LFG nDSR.

Being the tank is the glue that holds the group together. If you want to do multiple farming runs, advertise in group chat something like "stay in group for another run" one or two times, halfway through the trial. You must do it halfway through. If you do it at the end, most people will just leave, cause they aren't watching group chat anymore. I've mostly been the tank. I can't say how important that is, but I think if people see the tank asking, and you're a good tank, they're more likely to stay. It's usually quicker to assemble a group, or replenish it, as a tank.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Discord is more for organised guild runs at an appointed time in my experience. That can be a good way to organise multiple runs in one go. If you want to just randomly farm whenever you happen to be logged on, however, use Craglorn. That said, some of my most prolific runs have been when I got picked up as an extra by a guild. Some guilds also take time to systematically trade gear at the end. That's mostly a plus, though sometimes you wonder what the delays are when you're not part of the Discord chat. Guilds tend to be somewhat slow at running normal trials, either trading or overexplaining things that IMO don't need explaining on normal mode. Most random Craglorn groups are capable of all normal trials. I'd say they're even marginally more competent than beginners in a guild. Anyone who joins a Craglorn PUG usually is (for normal, not for vet).

Being the tank allows you to control the pace and you contribute to the survival of the group next to the healers. People who are not on voice chat tend to appreciate a reasonably brisk pace, I think. Wait for everyone to be present before a boss, but that's about it.

I recommend a selfish tank if you were going for a tank. Forget Yolnahkriin. Forget buff tanks. I suppose Pearlescent makes sense, if you already have that, but I think there are better options. My normal mode farming tanks are a bit odd. I love Tormentor, like I said. I also combine low block cost with quite high stam regen (1.7K), perma-blocking some of the time, but constantly spamming and healing from Master's 1H+Shield at other times. On the back bar I've had both Brawler and Stampede with Master's 2H and Vicious Ophidian in some of my builds. In general there are some fights you can survive better or even solo by using the Brawler shield than by blocking. Not really in nDSR as far as I remember, but certainly having selfish options helps. I must admit I like the perversity of having stam regen on the tank and healing from Master's 1H+S, while not even slotting Coagulating Blood. The normal way to tank is to spec into mag regen, but I find Coag far too expensive a self-heal for my liking. Due to speccing for zero Ash Cloud cost with tri-regen Indeko enchants, I had my Puncture cost down to 700-something. A much cheaper self heal, even if it cost stamina. Haven't tested whether this approach is still viable after the Ash Cloud change, e.g. Ash Cloud no longer triggers Helping Hands. The beauty of the build was that you could risk your stamina running quite low, as you could always go into lockdown mode, blocking and spamming Ash Cloud.