The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What was the most expensive item you ever stolen?

Sailor_Palutena
Sailor_Palutena
✭✭✭✭
I play ESO since 2018 and I have never stole such a high priced item from a random chest. (Not counting the treasures from the Thieve's Guild questline).

What were yours?

jdsm2rdz8w5r.jpg
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None never been good at it in these games always get caught so I never bother
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 1967 GTO convertible. Oh you mean in game. I recall getting the gold tooth and I have gotten a several other purple items though I can't remember which.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think the rare purple treasures are the ones with the highest value. I've found several over the years, but they're few and far between.

There are also gold treasures, but they aren't for sale; they're strictly to turn in at the Thieves Guild headquarters in Hews Bane for the related achievement.

On the other hand, I've stolen gold-quality furnishings before. I'd have to look up what their stated value is.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do that stuff.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Shivering Cheese in Vvardenfell. I'm keeping it, though, so I haven't made any gold from it.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Velothi Triptych painting that I sold for 10 million gold.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few druidic plans, that had a value of a few millions at release.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    For me also, The Shivering Cheese, found in Vastyr. It’s my most longed for and prized possession.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    😝 the daily event boxes where in that once so that was expensive
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not particularly valuable in itself - until you listed it on a guild trader - but I've found a couple of Imperial motifs in strongboxes.

Strangely enough I was thinking only yesterday how I hadn't seen one for at least six years now. Do they still exist in the game?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've found several furnishings from loot in Northern Elsweyr like rolling pins, perfume bottles, and pillows, all of which are usually several hundred thousands of gold when I check TTC prices. I use them all for my own houses though, no selling.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several (like ten or such) purple furnishing plans sold for about 2M each.
    I was farming thieving in Vastyr on purpose using 3 thieves and rotating them after blue or purple drop
    Like 2 hours each every day.
    Treasures are not what you aim for, as the most "expensive" ones are 1500g each, which is nice, but not a lot.
    Nowadays when High Isle plans are added to Faustina and Druidic plans drop from Galen dailies - Galen dailies are way to go, as Druidic purple furnishing plans sell for 400..500K+
    2W1o5c7.png
    Good luck
    PC EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not particularly valuable in itself - until you listed it on a guild trader - but I've found a couple of Imperial motifs in strongboxes.

Strangely enough I was thinking only yesterday how I hadn't seen one for at least six years now. Do they still exist in the game?

What, Imperial motifs? Absolutely. One place I've found them a few times within the last year or so is in Cyrodiil, inside Psijic Portals. They're still rare, so definitely don't expect them to drop from every Psijic Porral in Cyrodiil-- but it's a logical place for them to drop. I've also occasionally found them in regular containers, such as once in the long chest that's in the cart beside the Jester's Festival tent just outside of Daggerfall. I haven't found one in several months, but I've found them often enough over the years that I've learned the Imperial style on all of my alts, and the last one I found (in a Psijic Portal in Cyrodiil) sat in my bank until I saw someone asking to buy one in zone chat, so I sent it to them for free since I didn't need it myself.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I once went grocery shopping with only a basket and of course got too many items and started putting them in my pockets, when I got to the checkout I started to empty my pockets and got distracted by something, no longer remember what, and ended up walking out the door with 3 oranges in my other pocket.

Oh you mean in game.

I once found a painting, I can't remember what it was but at the time it was worth quite a bit, something like 500k.

Or so people told me, I put it in my house.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skooma Bubbler recipe - probably 1.5M at the time
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velothi Triptych, Volcano
    ->--Willow--<-
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife and I were leveling some baby toons and she got the imperial motif in a backpack in Del's Claim, the first delve you can find on Auridon. I was stunned.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Imperial motif books were mentioned.
    They are not rare. And you can, actually, farm them, if you have a lot of spare time (though other methods are more profitable, even fishing for a Perfect Roe gives more gold per hour nowadays), but if you would like:
    here is my two years old post: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/k2m07s/what_is_a_chance_of_imperial_motif_book_drop/
    Imperial book is 1:200 when you get a motif book drop.

Farming scheme.
    Park one or more characters at Dreloth ancestral tomb in Vvardenfell. It has 81 urns without a quest,
    and you get a motif book with approximately in 1of 2 looting session.
    Log on, loot the tomb, logoff. Repeat looting each 15 minutes.
    On average you get one Imperial book in 400 sessions.
    (i have got at least 10 imperial motif books drops and recorded the statistics)

This is long and boring. But, anyway:
    Good luck.
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Design: Khajiit Skooma Bubbler, which at the time was selling for 2 million.

PC EU
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Yes, I think the rare purple treasures are the ones with the highest value. I've found several over the years, but they're few and far between.

There are also gold treasures, but they aren't for sale; they're strictly to turn in at the Thieves Guild headquarters in Hews Bane for the related achievement.

On the other hand, I've stolen gold-quality furnishings before. I'd have to look up what their stated value is.

Omg, thanks for that info, I was afraid that i've been selling those. :D
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've stolen a Shivering Cheese and a Skooma bubbler print, which I ate (the print, not the cheese 😆). I've held on to a few stolen treasures without laundering them, a couple of green and blue quality items that I find amusing, but my most prized one is my purple Piece of Volendrung's Handle.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the Skooma Bubbler plan. It was about 500k at the time.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50K Tel Var from another player.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several multi-million gold purple furnishing plans.

My wife and I were leveling some baby toons and she got the imperial motif in a backpack in Del's Claim, the first delve you can find on Auridon. I was stunned.

I once pickpocketed the motif book from the wandering Argonian sailor on the Shimmerene docks.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leyawiin Grand Bookcase, Filled furnishing recipe. Was worth around 10 million at the time. I ate it, after unsuccessfully trying to sell it ;) The furnishing actually ended up costing me 100k from listing fees XD
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found the Imperial motif book a couple times.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I found the Imperial motif book a couple times.

same here lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold Hlaalu full motif book, sold it for 6 million.
    Edited by anadandy on April 28, 2023 1:28PM
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I first pickpocketed a redoran motif chapter. Nothing groundbreaking, but I didn't know things like that were in the pickpocket / theft loot pool. Immediately posted it to guild chat, "Crime DOES pay!!!"

So yes, crime is modestly lucrative in the overall economy. Not like being a trade guild leader and bidding tens of millions on vendor real estate every week, but enough to make it significantly easier to acquire crafting mats and meta gear sets without being in a strict trading guild.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A damsel's heart... but a no-fun-allowed, buzz-killing guard forced me to give it back.

The most valuable I actually got to keep was a volcanic triptych.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)