The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the gold to crowns transfer location to do it at?

Scott86
Scott86
Thanks for reading.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to buying crowns?
    PCNA
  • Scott86
    Scott86
    Are you referring to buying crowns?

Yeah, someone shared to me that you can buy crowns with gold in game currency. Thought two people shared that to me.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you can't buy crowns with gold.
    however you can give people gold in exchange for them gifting you crown items, only do this with people you trust
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You find another player that is “selling crowns”. Usually something like 1200:1 (1200 gold per 1 crown). So if the item you want is giftable (crates are bugged right now), you can give that player the gold for the cost in crowns (900 crowns at 1200:1 would cost 1,080,000 gold) and then they can use their crowns to gift you the item.

Hope that makes sense.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no system for that, aside from you giving someone gold and them gifting you the stuff you wanted to buy with the crowns, and ZoS' words saying that is fine without actually implementing a safe way to trade gold for crowns which they absolutely should do.
    Edited by merpins on April 22, 2023 2:29AM
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some Discord communities where you can find buyers and sellers. There also some sort of "proctection" available. But yes, ultimately, you are trusting someone on the internet to respect the deal. One of you need to send the gold/gift first. :)

Since they already said it's OK, ZOS should definitely do something to stop this shady business. There are a lot of scammers out there. Especially in game zone chats. Don't trust those. Discord communities usually have a feedback thread and ranking system which shows which people are trustworthy.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliniel wrote: »
    you are trusting someone on the internet to respect the deal

And this is why I'll never try it unless ZOS add an official scam-proof interface for it.