The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP flagging system

Exoner
Exoner
Soul Shriven
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think a flagging system for Cyrodil and Imperial City would be great. It allows non-PvP'ers to go farm the quests in those areas and explore without being consistently gank spammed or attacked.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's kinda the idea around pvp that you can be constantly attacked. Unless they made all zones pvp, then i can agree on a flag system.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exoner wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I think a flagging system for Cyrodil and Imperial City would be great. It allows non-PvP'ers to go farm the quests in those areas and explore without being consistently gank spammed or attacked.

Only about 17,385 times.

Each one of those times, sentiment was the same.

No.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no meaningful PvE content in Cyrodiil proper, but I'd love something like this for the IC with appropriate restrictions such as inability to accumulate Tel Var and a very long cooldown to avoid abusive flipping of the flag.

I managed to play through the IC storyline once not long after it came out, when there were plenty of active groups around fighting the quest-related bosses and providing protection for those defending the garrison. I'd love to replay that story on another character but last time I poked my head in it was nothing but wall-to-wall gankers.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reads to me as a request for a PvE Cyrodiil.

A PvE version of cyrodiil is a bad idea given that 98% of ESO is already PvE, and a flagging system is even worse because players would figure out a way to abuse it to get out of a fight.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is all about giving incentives to try out content. You want telvar? Take the plunge into IC and deal with the gankers. You want trial/dungeon stickers? Go do them and deal with the queueing system and toxic elitists. You want Cyrodiil town boxes? Go there and deal with the PvPers that prey on poorly-built PvEers. I don't think ZOS has any desire to remove their incentives for these so we all have to decide if the rewards are worth it.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    ZOS is all about giving incentives to try out content.
    Are those incentives enough for the more casual players to put up with being repeatedly wrecked with no progress? Cyro maybe, but IC and BGs, the pathetic population numbers for those game modes speak for themselves. Obviously the couple dozen tryhards who don't want to give up their profitable pug stomping are gonna fight against any change.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the main reason i would say no to this is due to the extremely low pop caps for a map as large as cyrodiil

the pvp people already get annoyed when theres too many people in the campaign, but are either afk at the base or questing as is

imagine the frustration when theres like 40 non-pvp flagged people just there running around doing quests while the people who actually there to pvp are complaining about massive queue times and unable to defend anything because while it shows the faction as poplocked you only have half the active people to try to defend anything
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    ZOS is all about giving incentives to try out content.
    Are those incentives enough for the more casual players to put up with being repeatedly wrecked with no progress? Cyro maybe, but IC and BGs, the pathetic population numbers for those game modes speak for themselves. Obviously the couple dozen tryhards who don't want to give up their profitable pug stomping are gonna fight against any change.

Totally agree about IC. Risk vs. reward is skewed too far towards risk for noobs to even consider it right now. Building for damage to quickly farm telvar makes you too vulnerable to the NB gankers, while building tanky turns telvar farming into a slog, and you can still be wrecked if you get ganged up on. I'd like to see telvar loss on death reduced, and maybe add some stealth detection on aggro to some of the mobs to make being ganked while you're fighting them riskier to the NB.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah it's a PVP zone. PVE zones make up 90% of the rest of the game.

Can't wait to read more threads about this during the back to back whitestrake events lol
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • tokeinskyblu
    tokeinskyblu
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a flagging system for all of overland would be cool
  • hhk
    hhk
    ✭✭
    No. Let it be a PvP Zone.