The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wish we had sets that could enable other weapons for HA build too

• Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    Elrender wrote: »
    problem with staff HA builds that ligtning staff can do 70k with only autoattacks. Without skills. Without cringe rotation.
    But with bow or 2h you are forced to do numerous of buttonmashing.

It can actually do over 80k And it's both single target and AoE at the same time.

More importantly, it can also be done with, or without, the mythic that the clickbaiters are yelling about......
    But as I noted, I suspect nerfs will come, improvements.... not so much.

Auldwulfe

80k with just heavy attack without using skills cannot be done without oakensoul. It's oakensoul exclusive feature.

Technically, you can put the same buffs and sets on a 2 bar build, but it's a LOT of work so not many people do it.

You wont achieve 80k DPS with just holding a heavy attack that way.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    problem with staff HA builds that ligtning staff can do 70k with only autoattacks. Without skills. Without cringe rotation.

It can actually do over 80k And it's both single target and AoE at the same time.

More importantly, it can also be done with, or without, the mythic that the clickbaiters are yelling about......

Auldwulfe

80k with just heavy attack without using skills cannot be done without oakensoul. It's oakensoul exclusive feature.

I have done it - lightning front bar, restoration back bar --- Crit surge, Camouflaged Hunter, Daedric Prey, both pets... sergeant's Mail, and Storm Master .... that is EVERY damage buff from Oakensoul, except for a few very focused ones, like Minor Force..... and I hit anywhere from 79 to 84K with it.... I can't break 90K.... but it is totally doable without Oakensoul... and you get bonus healing from it, to cover the defensive buffs you don't have.

Auldwulfe

No You didn't. I've said just heavy attack without using skills. Literally just holding LMB throughout whole fight nothing else. It's impossible to do without oakensoul but feel free to try.

Funnily enough You proved my point. You did the same DPS without oakensoul, with two bars and with some rotation of abilities like You could do with oakensoul just by holding one button, nothing else.
    Edited by Galeriano on April 24, 2023 5:52PM
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

I have done it - lightning front bar, restoration back bar --- Crit surge, Camouflaged Hunter, Daedric Prey, both pets... sergeant's Mail, and Storm Master .... that is EVERY damage buff from Oakensoul, except for a few very focused ones, like Minor Force..... and I hit anywhere from 79 to 84K with it.... I can't break 90K.... but it is totally doable without Oakensoul... and you get bonus healing from it, to cover the defensive buffs you don't have.

Auldwulfe

No You didn't. I've said just heavy attack without using skills. Literally just holding LMB throughout whole fight nothing else. It's impossible to do without oakensoul but feel free to try.

Funnily enough You proved my point. You did the same DPS without oakensoul, with two bars and with some rotation of abilities like You could do with oakensoul just by holding one button, nothing else.

Actually, it doesn't prove your point.... Even Oakensoul has buttons that push - else the people noting that they only get 25K with it would not have that problem..... and one button every 33 seconds is hardly an issue.

I could replace that with a different set that gives those buffs.... instead of storm masters, I could use rattlecage -- with the extra weapons skill making up for some of the loss of not having medium armor ---- and still be in the same ballpark, as long as I keep either mage light from the mage guild line, or any hunter skill from the fighter line on my bar to cover Major Savagery and Major Prophecy ... which are passives ....
    I prefer the crit surge for the constant healing, with Queens Elegance giving me empower at 99% uptime.... all perfectly viable

The biggest issue is that lightning staves dip differently into the buff from sergent's mail .... it has been shown, ad nauseum, in so many other threads.....

But, as I have also said before... I shouldn't try and confuse people, with facts, when their minds are made up.

There are so many ways to stack sets and items to get bonuses.... Oakensoul is just one, and fairly mediocre... along with being exactly what ZOS said they would do.....
    I find it limiting.... to be honest..

Auldwulfe
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see the threads about the Arcanist --- they have a skill, Tome-Bearer's Inspiration, and it's morphs, that, when slotted on either bar, gives Major Brutality and Major Sorcery..... 100% uptime, even if not on the top bar..... hoping that filters over to Mage Light or Camouflaged Hunter, with Major Savagery and Major Prophecy ...... that would be nice.....

I suspect that once people start to figure out how the class skills interact, we will see some very interesting things.......

Me, I am going to continue combining various sets to see what I can create.... that's one thing I enjoy doing..... eventually, I will have all the mythics, and I am working VERY hard on getting all the monster sets, too..... you should see the combos with some of those.....

Auldwulfe
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Actually, it doesn't prove your point.... Even Oakensoul has buttons that push - else the people noting that they only get 25K with it would not have that problem..... and one button every 33 seconds is hardly an issue.

I could replace that with a different set that gives those buffs.... instead of storm masters, I could use rattlecage -- with the extra weapons skill making up for some of the loss of not having medium armor ---- and still be in the same ballpark, as long as I keep either mage light from the mage guild line, or any hunter skill from the fighter line on my bar to cover Major Savagery and Major Prophecy ... which are passives ....
    I prefer the crit surge for the constant healing, with Queens Elegance giving me empower at 99% uptime.... all perfectly viable

The biggest issue is that lightning staves dip differently into the buff from sergent's mail .... it has been shown, ad nauseum, in so many other threads.....

But, as I have also said before... I shouldn't try and confuse people, with facts, when their minds are made up.

There are so many ways to stack sets and items to get bonuses.... Oakensoul is just one, and fairly mediocre... along with being exactly what ZOS said they would do.....

Auldwulfe

Yes it does prove my point. I've said that 80k with just holding one button is oakensoul exclusive and by doing heavy attack rotation with abilities and without oakensoul and by getting the same DPS You did in fact prove my point. Case closed.
    People who get 25k usually have completly unfinished setups, wrong enchantmens, CPs etc. Correctly prepared oakensoul setup is getting around 80k with holding one button. You can't expect full effectivness with half prepared setup.

You could do many different things and You would still end up proving my point which is that You wont get 80k with one button without oakensoul. Accept that reality and move on.
    Edited by Galeriano on April 24, 2023 7:47PM
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Yes it does prove my point. I've said that 80k with just holding one button is oakensoul exclusive and by doing heavy attack rotation with abilities and without oakensoul and by getting the same DPS You did in fact prove my point. Case closed.
    People who get 25k usually have completly unfinished setups, wrong enchantmens, CPs etc. Correctly prepared oakensoul setup is getting around 80k with holding one button. You can't expect full effectivness with half prepared setup.

You could do many different things and You would still end up proving my point which is that You wont get 80k with one button without oakensoul. Accept that reality and move on.

I can put Oakensoul, and a staff only, and will NOT get 80K... you NEED sets to do it.... so, no, Oakensoul does NOT give 80k by itself.... You are welcome to try, most people seem to cap at about 30K or so, in the MANY times I have seen it done.

Auldwulfe
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

I can put Oakensoul, and a staff only, and will NOT get 80K... you NEED sets to do it.... so, no, Oakensoul does NOT give 80k by itself.... You are welcome to try, most people seem to cap at about 30K or so, in the MANY times I have seen it done.

Auldwulfe

Show me where I said that You can do 80k DPS with oakensoul only, without any other sets. I'll wait. Oakensoul is the only item that allows You to create a setup that will do 80k with one button. You perfectly know what I meant and at that point You are just desperatly trying to defend Yourself when You obviously lost the argument.

What will be Your next excuse? That someone needs to download the game to get 80k parse in ESO? Please stop embarassing Yourself.
    Edited by Galeriano on April 24, 2023 8:11PM
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Show me where I said that You can do 80k DPS with oakensoul only, without any other sets. I'll wait. Oakensoul is the only item that allows You to create a setup that will do 80k with one button. You perfectly know what I meant and at that point You are just desperatly trying to defend Yourself when You obviously lost the argument.

What will be Your next excuse? That someone needs to download the game to get 80k parse in ESO? Please stop embarassing Yourself.

I think you misunderstood everything from the beginning, that I said... and at this point, we aren't even talking the same language --- no worries, doesn't bother me a bit, to be honest .... simply... you cannot get 80K with a naked character, and just oakensoul and dual wield .... or 2-handed, or bow... or fire staff, or ice staff, etc.... it requires other sets ..... and items added in.
    And the huge number of people stating that they cannot get past 50K shows that there is more than just holding one button... or they would be there.

And as noted, if it only works with lightning, and to a lesser extent, Restoration.... it's probably more due to something inherent in that, or it would be working with sword and shield... you show me an 80K parse with sword and shield just using the mouse button.

I stated I had been using HA builds for a YEAR before oakensoul existed, and could get that damage, with an easy rotation.
    Even the Oakensoul builds online, include Unstable Wall or Elemental Blockade .... they probably meant them to be used -- and with sorc, they include the pets... those attack, period. Daedric Prey adds 45% to that... and THEN you get the 80K......
    Again, if it was just holding a button, everyone would do it, even the Dual Wielders with it.

I noted that I have been using a build, for over a year, that was in the same simplicity range, and giving me equivalent damage ... simple, and repeated in all of the threads, a I have found the problem isn't the ring, it's the channeled staves.....

So, no one is embarrassed.... probably a simple misunderstanding somewhere.... that happens......

As I noted in another of these ad nauseam threads, with the arcanist having a skill that gives 100% uptime to Major Brutality, and Major Sorcery, even if slotted on an off bar (neither the mage or fighter guild skills do that... but maybe in the future), a new mythic that blocks for you... and one that boosts damage by minimizing light attacks.... the Old ways are dead.....
    New methodology is emerging... this is a first, and new... and I know that new is scary for a lot of people.....

Honestly, I was terrified that Oakensoul would turn the game into WSO - the Werewolf Scrolls Online.... but that was also a miss.....

There are a LOT of ways to break the game - I put Slime Craw on a level 4 character, with Rattlecage, Treasure Hunter, and just for giggles, Nirnhoned weapons... and went into the starter zones.....
    For that matter, overland was a joke, with that --- all you do is build a character, and decide what pieces and bits he needs, and do those researches... they are 5 hours each, and you can usually get 4 at a time, one jewelry, one metal working, one clothing, and one woodworking, if you use anything from there ---- used my master crafter to build the specifics I wanted, and set him researching while running another character - 5 hours later, rinse and repeat --- had the jewelry done in 10 hours, and rest done in about a day and a half --- and then took him to Clockwork city, ran straight in (didn't have a guildy there, to make it even easier), and used my 1000 transmutes, and sticker book..... also, as a joke, I golded out everything.... why not.....
    Flurry was amazing - I was able to solo a world boss before level 10.... and spin attack was gross.....

I want to see everyone have the ability to go into the game as far as they want, in whatever methodology they want .... and can play --- they are paying for the game, and also, paying for your ability to play the game .... keep driving them off, and there won't be servers for anyone to play on.

Auldwulfe

• Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

I think you misunderstood everything from the beginning, that I said... and at this point, we aren't even talking the same language --- no worries, doesn't bother me a bit, to be honest .... simply... you cannot get 80K with a naked character, and just oakensoul and dual wield .... or 2-handed, or bow... or fire staff, or ice staff, etc.... it requires other sets ..... and items added in.
    And the huge number of people stating that they cannot get past 50K shows that there is more than just holding one button... or they would be there.

And as noted, if it only works with lightning, and to a lesser extent, Restoration.... it's probably more due to something inherent in that, or it would be working with sword and shield... you show me an 80K parse with sword and shield just using the mouse button.

I stated I had been using HA builds for a YEAR before oakensoul existed, and could get that damage, with an easy rotation.
    Even the Oakensoul builds online, include Unstable Wall or Elemental Blockade .... they probably meant them to be used -- and with sorc, they include the pets... those attack, period. Daedric Prey adds 45% to that... and THEN you get the 80K......
    Again, if it was just holding a button, everyone would do it, even the Dual Wielders with it.

I noted that I have been using a build, for over a year, that was in the same simplicity range, and giving me equivalent damage ... simple, and repeated in all of the threads, a I have found the problem isn't the ring, it's the channeled staves.....

So, no one is embarrassed.... probably a simple misunderstanding somewhere.... that happens......

As I noted in another of these ad nauseam threads, with the arcanist having a skill that gives 100% uptime to Major Brutality, and Major Sorcery, even if slotted on an off bar (neither the mage or fighter guild skills do that... but maybe in the future), a new mythic that blocks for you... and one that boosts damage by minimizing light attacks.... the Old ways are dead.....
    New methodology is emerging... this is a first, and new... and I know that new is scary for a lot of people.....

Honestly, I was terrified that Oakensoul would turn the game into WSO - the Werewolf Scrolls Online.... but that was also a miss.....

There are a LOT of ways to break the game - I put Slime Craw on a level 4 character, with Rattlecage, Treasure Hunter, and just for giggles, Nirnhoned weapons... and went into the starter zones.....
    For that matter, overland was a joke, with that --- all you do is build a character, and decide what pieces and bits he needs, and do those researches... they are 5 hours each, and you can usually get 4 at a time, one jewelry, one metal working, one clothing, and one woodworking, if you use anything from there ---- used my master crafter to build the specifics I wanted, and set him researching while running another character - 5 hours later, rinse and repeat --- had the jewelry done in 10 hours, and rest done in about a day and a half --- and then took him to Clockwork city, ran straight in (didn't have a guildy there, to make it even easier), and used my 1000 transmutes, and sticker book..... also, as a joke, I golded out everything.... why not.....
    Flurry was amazing - I was able to solo a world boss before level 10.... and spin attack was gross.....

I want to see everyone have the ability to go into the game as far as they want, in whatever methodology they want .... and can play --- they are paying for the game, and also, paying for your ability to play the game .... keep driving them off, and there won't be servers for anyone to play on.

Auldwulfe

It is You who completly misunderstood what I said.

I said that getting 80k DPS with just one button is only possible with oakensoul. That's it nothing more. You've said that You can get the same DPS on a non oakensoul setup and started to name abilities You are using. Now when exposed for lack of understanding of what I've said You are just trying to find a way to still look smart but belive me You don't.
    Edited by Galeriano on April 24, 2023 9:44PM
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

Auldwulfe

It is You who completly misunderstood what I said.

I said that getting 80k DPS with just one button is only possible with oakensoul. That's it nothing more. You've said that You can get the same DPS on a non oakensoul setup and started to name abilities You are using. Now when exposed for lack of understanding of what I've said You are just trying to find a way to still look smart but belive me You don't.

Could be - I've made errors before.... still think it's hilarious, because I don't take things seriously, not even myself ... the goalposts in this discussion have moved so many times, and criteria added or removed .... it does get hard to keep up.

I will fight for the rights of players, paying for the game, to play anyway they want..... I mean, I get to use the servers BECAUSE they pay .... it is what happens in a game.

My hope for everyone is that they are having fun... when it is not fun, anymore... then it's time to move on to another game....
    If people were playing in a way that so bothered me, that I had to be upset about it... I'd move.....
    At this time, though, I am still laughing .... and having fun, so that's where I am.

Auldwulfe