The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do snares stack? Duel test using 2 snares = Yes, but just a little (not additive or multiplicative)

Armisael9
Armisael9
✭✭✭
Test:
1) Deep slash (30% snare for 4sec) and Hindrance Poison (40% Snare for 11.5sec).
2) Duel. Test toon walking.
3) Proc Hindrance poison, then activated Deep slash. Test toon noticed two levels/reductions in movement speed but it was not additive. Something like 40% for poison and 45% for poison + Deep slash

Conclusion:
As of 20 April 2023, snares do stack, but not additively and definitely not multiplicatively.

Remaining questions:
1) Do snares of equal strength stack?
2) What is the stack equation that results in only a slight increase in Snare for stacking snares?
Edited by Armisael9 on April 21, 2023 2:28PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my understanding with snares is that only the "highest" snare amount will affect you

in your test, silver leash is 30%, and the poison is 40%

if someone hit with leash, you would see a slowdown, then if the poison kicked in it would be slower than the 30% because its a stronger snare

for a more accurate and complete test, you would need to test that against say bahrahas curse which applies a 70% snare

if snares stacked, your leash + baharahas curse (or some other set applying 70% snare) would render someone immobile, so its very very unlikely snares are stacking unless there is some bug going on
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Armisael9
    Armisael9
    ✭✭✭
    The snares do not stack additively, and I don't know the equation. The poison did 40%, and I retested with Deep Slash (to avoid the pull effect). There was only a marginal decrease in snare, something like 45% total. I'll update the initial post.