The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zone Chat audio not working xb/eu

TheWoanderer
TheWoanderer
✭✭✭
As the title says.
My zone chat audio is not working, could anyone offer a suggestion as to what could be the reason?
My Xbox settings seems fine and I've not made any changes to my ESO settings
XB/EU

Sincerely
W'o'a
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

If your voice chat is not working, please try the steps in the help article below.

Why do I keep getting a "Voice chat is unavailable" message on Xbox One?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Appreciate that.
    When I log in soon I will see if I'm still having the problem and follow the steps listed.

Thank you for the help, it means a lot 👍

Sincerely
    W'o'a
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

You're welcome and good luck!
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Still not working

I've tried everything except for opening ports on my router which on reality should not be something I should have to do.

I have a connection speed of between 244 Mbps up to 400mbps

And up until a week ago it was fine. I did a trial with a group and had party chat running and no issues.

The link you have sent is for why do I get voice chat unavailable on Xbox yet my problem is Voice chat is unavailable in zone in game...

Unless this is linked to Xbox which has not been made clear here, I can only assume the wrong help information has been presented?

So to clarify ... I cannot get voice chat in Zone in game....
    I briefly got it back and left it running for about 5 days but suddenly ran into issues connecting to an Xbox party invite so switched of Voice chat in zone to see if itnhepked rectify the issue and I'm now presented with my original issue again as aforementioned.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify.
    I have tried various Xbox changes, I have reset audio options on Xbox and I've deleted save games data, reset alternative Mac address. Etc etc etc.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is relevant but in my options in-game... My account settings are unavailable too??
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having this issue or am I an isolated event?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

At this point we recommend that you go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill
    Thanks for the response...
    I did open a ticket... I got the standard response and after responding informing them that the steps had not worked... It's been radio silence I'm afraid.

Sincerely
    W'o'a
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    This is still a problem... Can someone please help?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

Do you have your ticket number? If so, you can post it here.
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill appreciate the response

230430-003794 is the ticket number (but I did open a new one today due to believing the time had expired on my last one)

This is everything I have done so far, some things more than once

I have had a replacement router delivered and activated
    I have enabled uPnP
    I have port forwarded 10 ports as my router only allows me to open 10, so I have opened the Xbox one's first suggested...

If any others are more important then I would need you to list them specifically but as it stands the first 10 in the requirements sent via the email and help section is what I have enabled.

I am wired in via ethernet cable
    I have checked my connections
    I have checked my parental settings
    I have deleted save data
    Power cycled router
    Power cycled xbox

I have done everything suggested so am at my wit's end.

Any help naturally would be appreciated

Sincerely
    W'o'a
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Any update?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

We have moved your latest ticket 230511-002306 and you should get a response from support soon.
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Thank you for the update.

I should let you know that so far.. 3 days running now. The problem seems to be sorted.

A little history...
    When I received my first router about 6 months ago I was presented with 2 options

1.A static or variable IP address and naturally having dealt with the many problems of a variable IP for over a year I chose static of course.
    2. Turn Adult Filter off... I chose to turn it off

Upon receiving my replacement router I noticed issues with my web pages not loading on my mobile phone, only whilst connected to my Router.
    When I turned my VPN off I received an Adult Filter message which confused me.

I had already done the Port Forwarding which I found still still left me with the zone audio chat issue.

2 days later I went into my local 3 branch and the agent there was surprised to see that my adult filter had been turned back on. He proceeded to have it turned off and I've not had a problem since (touch wood).

Could this have been causing an issue?
    Your help article asks you to check your adult filter on Xbox/Microsoft but not with your ISP.

Naturally I'm not aware whether this action actually fixed the problem but nothing else I did prior seemed to.

Hope you are able to clarify.

Sincerely
    Brad

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

Thanks for the update. The filter setting on the router could be the culprit as it likely makes changes to what ports are open. If you start experiencing these issues again please let us know.
    Staff Post
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill
    The problem is back.
    Yet again... After the update...
    I could not log in... Error loading profile, then error 301, then you need an internet connection and Xbox connectivity to play ESO...
    Finally get in and the problem is back...

Honestly, forgive me but I'm kinda fed up.
    Edited by TheWoanderer on May 26, 2023 6:52PM
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill

Today I powered up a brand new Xbox series x and did a fresh clean install of the game....

I still have the issue

So apart from all the smaller requests from the help article... Power cycling, deleting save data, wired connection etc.

I have ensured Adult Filter is turned off
    I have Port Forwarded
    I have had a brand new replacement router
    And a brand new Xbox with a clean install.

I don't believe there is anything else I can do going forward.