The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My bomb blade sucks, need advice/help

mrfrontman
mrfrontman
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, so I used to be very good at bomb blade about a year or so ago but I've taken a bit of a break and come back to try out new bomb builds for PvP. I've been playing around with Dark Convergence + VD cleave bombing but I seem to be terrible at it. I've stacked up large groups of 15-20 players and my cleave isn't doing anywhere near as much damage as what it should be with Masters 2h Axe. Comparing my stats to others on videos I've seen, my stats seem to be fairly lower than videos I've watched in the past. I'm hoping somebody here could help me figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong.
NOTE: I've noticed a slight bug when opening the character stats screen, I see higher spell and physical pen (13k+) then I see it drop to 10k within 2 seconds. Is that a visual glitch?
Anyway, here's a screenshot of my stats + Superstar, hope you guys can help!
EDIT: The screenshot here seems to b e a little small to see so here is a direct link: https://imgur.com/a/9maVhSD
oxmid5o3kkgi.png
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 19, 2023 2:53PM
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really need help with this one guys =)
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hello!

We've gone ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Players Helping Players.

Thanks for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That isn't a BUG. It is the Master Assassin passive being active by default. But in combat, when you are not flanking it isn't active, so your pen drops by 2974.

As for the rest, I don't know much about Bombing. But I don't think you are doing something essentially wrong. I have just some thoughts.
    • I just wonder why you use scalding rune to proc dark convergence. Wouldn't a larger AoE be better? Like Razor Caltrops? Snare plus snare sounds pretty potent. Plus Caltrops is instant effect, right? Rune has a 2s delay, iIrc.
    • I don't know, how high it is supposed to be, but 4093 WD/SD seems really low and 35K MaxMag unnecessarily high. DC and VD scale with WD and SD. So I would do anything to make that go higher. Like Glyphs of magical harm, for example.
    • If you think your pen is too low, than use a sharpened Maul. Problem solved. You definitely have enough Crit Damage, so maybe no Axe is needed.
    • Or, You could use a different Ultimate than Soul Harvest. With a ground DoT you might make better use of Balorgh and proc Dark Convergence at the same time. For example: - Ice Meteor stuns for 2s and gives 200SD + 4600pen - Icy Rage immobilizes for 3s and gives 250SD + 5750pen
    • And is Infused the correct trait on your Bomb Bar? Shouldn't it be Sharpened or Nirnhoned? Or are you on your Master's 2H Axe when the bomb goes off?
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 21, 2023 7:22AM
    read, think and write.In that order.