The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

deleting/rebuilding with imperial edition bonus treasure maps...

phermitgb
phermitgb
✭✭✭✭✭
so, both the forums and the log-in screen urge people not to delete an imperial pre-order character without first putting the imperial-pre-order bonus items in bank storage so that other characters can grab them - good advice

problem I have, is that the pre-order bonus treasure map packs won't go in a bank. I don't know why - I just get the message "you can't do that at this time"

I have NOT opened the map packs, because I heard earlier people discussing them, and they may be level-locked to you? so that whatever the treasure leads you to is either fixed to your level when you use (??) the map, or when you find (??) the treasure, or something...

can anyone tell me EXACTLY how the bonus treasure maps work? explain possibly why they won't go in my bank, if opening them will definitely allow them to be put in the bank, and/or whether I'll be gimping myself out of better possible treasure rewards by opening them "too early"? any insight would be appreciated - I *did* contact customer service, still waiting for an email back from them.
"There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
James T. Kirk
  • Raeph
    Raeph
    ✭✭✭
    I opened the packs and that allowed me to put the individual maps into the bank. As to the consequences of that, I do not know. I suspect if you use a map on a character it will level lock at it time.
  • disasterstorm
    disasterstorm
    Soul Shriven
    Why wouldn't it level lock when you dig it up? The treasure would only need to exist once you unburied it.
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    I opened all my maps on day one with a level one character. I have been using them when i reach each area. I can confirm items contained in the CE Map chest are character level when the chest is opened. I think the normal treasure maps are based on zone level.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The maps will give you loot that is your character level when you pick them up.

They cap the level of the reward at the "Max Level" Quest/Event for the area...

So if the highest content for the zone is 27, then the reward will cap at 27 even if your character is 45.

I'm picking up items from Stros M'Kai treasure maps that are capping at level 5. I'm veteran rank 2.
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    There is a difference between CE Treasure Maps and the dropped ones. I opened my vet 1 starting area map yesterday and all items inside were vet 1.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The maps themselves can be put in the bank and as long as you don't look at them you can transfer to other characters. Once you look at it it becomes bound to that character.