The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scrivener's Hall keys not bankable

haelgaan
haelgaan
✭✭✭✭✭
please ZOS make the special loot keys for Scrivener's Hall bankable between characters on an account.

I run whatever toon the group needs, when the group is formed. i now have a few keys here and there across a bunch of toons. this is needlessly crapping up my inventory on those toons.

PLEASE make those keys bankable - this is a super simple QOL enhancement that damages no one.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 17, 2023 9:30PM
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, I don't see any good reason to why these should be character bound. :s:|
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    Agree, I don't see any good reason to why these should be character bound. :s:|
    Agree more so as you can go in solo and do the vault. You need to fight one groups of mobs that is all.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the same way with the mushrooms on Stone Garden. I have quite a few mushrooms on several different characters that I would prefer to just consolidate to one stack in the bank.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see 2 spaces being tied up by the keys as a major inventory issue or even a minor one for that matter.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always go to the vault room after the dungeon is done, so I don't have extra keys in my inventory. The only reason to save them is to get the bigger scramp boss to show up at the end in the chest room. Then you only need a group of 4 to run the dungeon 3 times and save keys, then go spend all of them to get the scramp to appear. Once you have it, why would you save keys at all?

Stay safe :)
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hotdog_23 the same four ppl running the same dungeon on the same toons multiple times is a low likelihood outcome. if the keys were bankable, i might be able to try the secret boss by now. as it is, i now have to farm the dungeon on a few different toon to get the keys for each of them to try that. how is that fun? I have so little time to run dungeons, why would i want to run this one exclusively for several weeks?

@Hapexamendios two inventory slots on each and every toon that runs the dungeon adds up, when you have multiple toons. if they were bankable (like key fragments, for example) this would not be an issue. it's a QOL thing, maybe it's not important to you, but a number of the other respondents would also like to see the change.

@ZOS_Kevin pretty please with moon sugar on top?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree with this

and while at it, should fix the vault chests so that if you open one but do not loot it fully, then it doesnt consume a 2nd key to "re-open" it to get the remaining contents

ran into this while opening all of the small chests with some friends, took a key count, had 20 keys, but we ended up with 2 small chests still unopened cause some people didnt fully loot their chests and had to waste a 2nd key to finish looting it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Then you only need a group of 4 to run the dungeon 3 times and save keys, then go spend all of them to get the scramp to appear. Once you have it, why would you save keys at all?
    For the extra loot.

But yeah, when you have done it once and have the sticker book full, then you don't really need to bother.

When I was farming it I asked 3 people from my guild to join for 5 runs. Why 5?

2 keys per player per run.
    4 players.
    5 runs.
    = 40 keys. Can do scamp twice.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frogthroat wrote: »
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Then you only need a group of 4 to run the dungeon 3 times and save keys, then go spend all of them to get the scramp to appear. Once you have it, why would you save keys at all?
    For the extra loot.

But yeah, when you have done it once and have the sticker book full, then you don't really need to bother.

When I was farming it I asked 3 people from my guild to join for 5 runs. Why 5?

2 keys per player per run.
    4 players.
    5 runs.
    = 40 keys. Can do scamp twice.

There are also furnishings from the chests, some i think are tradable, some bind on pickup
    Soupy twist