The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pvp has gone from bad to terrible

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
Played this game since its beta. Been through most of the og patches. Used to 1vx on stamblade even through the good and bad stages of the class(now after the surprise attack nerf rather unplayable). Took a year break from this game after the cp changes that raised the max cp needed from 810 to god knows what it is now really pissed me off. Came back recently for a week and here are my 2 cents.

The best state of the game pvp wise was when it was a damage meta with lots of cc/out play mechanics. When the skill curve was high and a very good player playing most of the classes in the game could kill 5 or more average players wearing the same gear even if they had a healer or were tank spec'd. This was then ruined by players who refused to get better at the game and complained on the forums about x player typically a nightblade or magsorc being able to kill them so easily. The classes taking the biggest hit from this continually being stamblade and mag sorc as at the time they had the most outplay mechanics in order to 1vx.

Last time I played this game surviveablity had been buffed to the extent that if you were a very good player you could maybe kill 2-3 average players wearing the same meta gear yet if there was a healer involved you weren't killing anyone and if there was a tank involved you would not be able to kill the tank. There were still a decent amount of movement/cc/healing reduction/armor reduction mechanics in the game and barely and I mean barely enough damage that made it possible for someone to outplay another player in worse gear lower cp etc.

The current state of the game that I have come back to now however greatly rewards building very tanky to the point where you cant kill or be killed. Other than nightblade ganking, there is 0 variety in playstyle other than the nauseating bruiser meta that has clearly taken over this game. I haven't tested mag sorc but stamblade is completely unplayable. The current nightblade meta favors a 0 flavor magblade that is mostly just high damage and run speed and nothing else. Other than dk which is the golden child class of this game, most classes completely any viable lack any cc or outplay mechanic other than those that enable them to flee and every potential class build have been all lumped together into this very very boring hyper tanky bruiser playstyle. The only way to kill someone is pressing your heal and block/dodge roll buttons while they are damaging you and then pressing your damage buttons after and praying they dont hit their heal buttons in time. There are few to none non-telegraphed stuns, good slows, good kiting enabling mechanics, healing reduction, burst damage etc that the game used to have. Some of the abilites/mechanics still exist in the game but other than magdk fossilize and draconic leap or a nightblades spectral bow they have all been nerfed to the floor to the point where they are not viable over damage healing and runspeed. Trying to even 1v2 is almost impossible with 0 outplay mechanics as other than dks which have seemingly been immune to these changes. Most if not all outplay mechanics have been nerfed outside of those used to run away and even those have taken a hit. Also the server lag in this game is absolutely horrendous now even in imperial city to the extent that I find myself losing fights to server lag more than anything else.

As a result, the game feels much much more bland than it did even a year ago. The game is a "bruiser" meta to a nauseating degree and healing/tanking completely ruin 1vx or small scale pvp. All of the changes that have byproductly made it bland have not accomplished their goal as it is still possible to gank bad or average players by stacking 0 surviveability and all damage. So I am sure there is still forum qq even though shadowy disguise has been nerfed into a dirtnap blanket.

I will be quitting once again given only lasting a week or two. I have noticed many if not all of the og 1vx youtubers have quit the game probably for the same reason I cannot tolerate it for more than a month maximum. I'm sure this new archanist class will be the ultimate version of a bruiser as deltia compared it to an easy to play templar. It's pretty sadening considering how awesome high damage meta 1vx'ing was in the early iterations/expansions of this game. Miss the og version of the game. Even miss the proc meta. FeelsBadMan. To those of you who still play but miss the old days, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Played this game since its beta. Been through most of the og patches. Used to 1vx on stamblade even through the good and bad stages of the class(now after the surprise attack nerf rather unplayable). Took a year break from this game after the cp changes that raised the max cp needed from 810 to god knows what it is now really pissed me off. Came back recently for a week and here are my 2 cents.

The best state of the game pvp wise was when it was a damage meta with lots of cc/out play mechanics. When the skill curve was high and a very good player playing most of the classes in the game could kill 5 or more average players wearing the same gear even if they had a healer or were tank spec'd. This was then ruined by players who refused to get better at the game and complained on the forums about x player typically a nightblade or magsorc being able to kill them so easily. The classes taking the biggest hit from this continually being stamblade and mag sorc as at the time they had the most outplay mechanics in order to 1vx.

Last time I played this game surviveablity had been buffed to the extent that if you were a very good player you could maybe kill 2-3 average players wearing the same meta gear yet if there was a healer involved you weren't killing anyone and if there was a tank involved you would not be able to kill the tank. There were still a decent amount of movement/cc/healing reduction/armor reduction mechanics in the game and barely and I mean barely enough damage that made it possible for someone to outplay another player in worse gear lower cp etc.

The current state of the game that I have come back to now however greatly rewards building very tanky to the point where you cant kill or be killed. Other than nightblade ganking, there is 0 variety in playstyle other than the nauseating bruiser meta that has clearly taken over this game. I haven't tested mag sorc but stamblade is completely unplayable. The current nightblade meta favors a 0 flavor magblade that is mostly just high damage and run speed and nothing else. Other than dk which is the golden child class of this game, most classes completely any viable lack any cc or outplay mechanic other than those that enable them to flee and every potential class build have been all lumped together into this very very boring hyper tanky bruiser playstyle. The only way to kill someone is pressing your heal and block/dodge roll buttons while they are damaging you and then pressing your damage buttons after and praying they dont hit their heal buttons in time. There are few to none non-telegraphed stuns, good slows, good kiting enabling mechanics, healing reduction, burst damage etc that the game used to have. Some of the abilites/mechanics still exist in the game but other than magdk fossilize and draconic leap or a nightblades spectral bow they have all been nerfed to the floor to the point where they are not viable over damage healing and runspeed. Trying to even 1v2 is almost impossible with 0 outplay mechanics as other than dks which have seemingly been immune to these changes. Most if not all outplay mechanics have been nerfed outside of those used to run away and even those have taken a hit. Also the server lag in this game is absolutely horrendous now even in imperial city to the extent that I find myself losing fights to server lag more than anything else.

As a result, the game feels much much more bland than it did even a year ago. The game is a "bruiser" meta to a nauseating degree and healing/tanking completely ruin 1vx or small scale pvp. All of the changes that have byproductly made it bland have not accomplished their goal as it is still possible to gank bad or average players by stacking 0 surviveability and all damage. So I am sure there is still forum qq even though shadowy disguise has been nerfed into a dirtnap blanket.

I will be quitting once again given only lasting a week or two. I have noticed many if not all of the og 1vx youtubers have quit the game probably for the same reason I cannot tolerate it for more than a month maximum. I'm sure this new archanist class will be the ultimate version of a bruiser as deltia compared it to an easy to play templar. It's pretty sadening considering how awesome high damage meta 1vx'ing was in the early iterations/expansions of this game. Miss the og version of the game. Even miss the proc meta. FeelsBadMan. To those of you who still play but miss the old days, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Maybe I'm just too casual, but I wouldn't say it's THAT bad.
    Maybe no cp campaign and battlegrounds would be better for you.

I don't know if you noticed. But the new hybridization is pretty fun. You mentioned not knowing how sorc is now.
    Seems to be best as a stam sorc but you can still use haunting curse and Mages Fury because of hybridization.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP where players don't die is garbage.
    Imagine an FPS where you don't die from guns and missiles.
    That's what ESO is today.
    The PvP game die when players become immortal.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing just seems to work anymore. Doesn't matter if you're on a brand new Xbox, PlayStation or PC...the performance is just so embarrassingly bad for this day & age where gaming companies are making more than enough in profits to have reliable servers yet...they don't, instead we have laggy, glitchy, broken messes of servers with the hopes of promises of hardware updates that we've been waiting on for how long now? It's just a joke at this point. Still no barswapping in bigger fights (which also causes you to NOT be able to enter keeps either...), stunned every second no matter if you're using snow treaders, spamming race against time and popping immovable potions, bluescreens are starting to come back (they actually were going there for a little bit too...), stuck in combat for standing in a empty field, lol and oh yeah, the lag of course.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the social aspect that I get from PvP, I would've quit playing this game by now. Don't get me wrong, I still very much love ESO and consider it to be one of my favorite games and I still enjoy PvE since that's where I (and I'm sure others started) but PvP has way too much potential to be an amazing part of this game. The combat (when it works) is fun, the large scroll/hammer/emp fights are exciting and when things do work, overall it's a great experience in my opinion; But right now as I'm typing this, it's just awful. Been trying to play for a bit tonight and I've been stunlocked and stuck in the break free glitch more times than I can count. I want to believe it'll get better but it's getting harder and harder to keep faith in this game each time you login
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of what you have mentioned sounds like a skill issue on your part to be honest.
  • Waugh
    Waugh
    ✭✭✭
    Go nerf mara/rally ...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP where players don't die is garbage.
    Imagine an FPS where you don't die from guns and missiles.
    That's what ESO is today.
    The PvP game die when players become immortal.

And PvP where player have no options of defending is a game of numbers, who has more players on their side wins.

Both should be balanced. Ofc, in perfect world both ability to survive and to kill would be tied to player skill mostly, not to gear they wear, but ESO has gone from skill based to... casual friendly long time ago and I fear there is no return.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the famous "Played this game since its beta" argument you started with.
    Please stop with this.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now there is not a lot of counters to being dog piled. Health, damage, resistances, movement speed, recovery is all jacked. Back in the day you could a least ultimate like dawnbreaker into a group of players dog piling you and bring them to half health. PvP is very group oriented now
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I quit after U35 because I find slow tanky healy metas extremely boring. Came back recently, it's not as bad as 6mo ago, duels between damage builds are fine, but still too many stalemates overall. I get that casual players need a chance to survive long enough to learn to fight, and 1vXers want to be able to survive long enough to get to LoS cover...

...but there's just way too much generic defensive power (which also kills class identity) available that once discovered, makes anyone and everything tanky enough to survive multiples, often just by block healing. Don't even get me started on PvP groups stacking 6-12 healers and off-heals, abusing mechanics that are clearly designed strong enough for only 2 healers to be able to sustain a 12 person PvE raid. The devs need to experience fighting such a group.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit after U35 because I find slow tanky healy metas extremely boring. Came back recently, it's not as bad as 6mo ago, duels between damage builds are fine, but still too many stalemates overall. I get that casual players need a chance to survive long enough to learn to fight, and 1vXers want to be able to survive long enough to get to LoS cover...

...but there's just way too much generic defensive power (which also kills class identity) available that once discovered, makes anyone and everything tanky enough to survive multiples, often just by block healing. Don't even get me started on PvP groups stacking 6-12 healers and off-heals, abusing mechanics that are clearly designed strong enough for only 2 healers to be able to sustain a 12 person PvE raid. The devs need to experience fighting such a group.

Sometimes I wonder if the balls don't get the hammer [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 17, 2023 5:36PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if the balls don't get the nerf hammer
    I wonder too, really wish the large scale PvP meta got some attention. There's a couple small things they could disable in PvP, like Snow Treaders, that would make the "gladiators vs farmers" encounters a lot more enjoyable for the farmers, without messing up PvE raid balance or punishing the PvP gladiator groups too harshly.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of what you have mentioned sounds like a skill issue on your part to be honest.

Sarcasm? I hope.

Would love to hear how a bluescreen/disconnect is a skill issue here, lmao.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    the famous "Played this game since its beta" argument you started with.
    Please stop with this.

It means I've played many iterations of this games meta. It's actually a very good way to identify one's point of reference. You have a lot of stars on forums. Seems to me you've been quite active on them. Makes sense.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

I wish that were the case. But when you have sets like rally or mara that force a tank meta in combination with destroying high skill curve/high reward class mechanics and buffing 0 skill little reward class mechanics it is impossible to 1vx any players that have any remote acumen in how to gear themselves.

Zos destroyed this game when instead of providing the classes that did not have cloak or streak or honestly og magplars entire kit better class mechanics that could enable 1vx'ing, instead took the easy yet game destroying way out and nerfed these mechanics and pushed a tank meta with game destroying set after set and no longer remotely requiring magicka/stamina regen sets.

The current players who now claim to "1vx" are equiping maras or rally to be rather immortal with barely enough damage to kill a bad player and get lucky every once and a while when they stumble accross a couple. The old 1vx meta was pure kiting and if you were caught you were killed yet if you were good enought isolate each player of the zerg you could pick them off one by one. Almost every one of those poppular 1vx'ers that i have known through youtube and such have left the game and it is very obvious why.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm just too casual, but I wouldn't say it's THAT bad.
    Maybe no cp campaign and battlegrounds would be better for you.

I don't know if you noticed. But the new hybridization is pretty fun. You mentioned not knowing how sorc is now.
    Seems to be best as a stam sorc but you can still use haunting curse and Mages Fury because of hybridization.

If you have like played every 2-6 months of the game since beta you can definitely notice the difference. I agree but the issue with the hybridization is it enables players to choose tank sets over needing magicka/stamina regen sets. In earlier metas the consequence of doing so used to be needing to constantly weave heavy attacks into your abilities or you would not keep up your resources. Running a tank set still was good/viable but you had to be careful with your resources which gave it a skill curve for both you and your enemy. The rather bad way in which hybridization has been introduced has caused there to not be a consequence like this anymore. Also snb has needed a nerf for god knows how long now but lol.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I wonder if the balls don't get the hammer [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]

dude when 10-15 man ball groups would come to imp city i used to make so much hakeijo from just farming them because they'd chase and id kill them one by one because there was no maras or rally and healers weren't immortal. people actually had to wear regen sets to be remotely pvp viable. was such a good time. eso has made the common mistake though as has many games before it, appealing to the casual player and immensely dulling the skill curve which has slowly killed their game.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    Right now there is not a lot of counters to being dog piled. Health, damage, resistances, movement speed, recovery is all jacked. Back in the day you could a least ultimate like dawnbreaker into a group of players dog piling you and bring them to half health. PvP is very group oriented now

Yep. Instead of being creative and giving other classes 1vx kits zos instead continually hard nerfed all 1vx abilites and now the game is just bland bruiser tank meta garbage. Every class has the same abilities and play style of every other class. I think the only remote variety i notice is sorc teleport. It used to even take a great deal of skill to be a heavy attack tank set player yet still a very viable option. Now lol.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every StamSorc I see is doing the exact same combo with the exact same build (masters dual wield/twin slashes fbar/vateshran staff bbar). Same rotation, again and again and again.

It's pretty effective, but God, how boring and repetitive.

• nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caribou77 wrote: »
    Every StamSorc I see is doing the exact same combo with the exact same build (masters dual wield/twin slashes fbar/vateshran staff bbar). Same rotation, again and again and again.

It's pretty effective, but God, how boring and repetitive.

Its all sorcs really magica isnt good anymore because like stamblade it was a 1vx class and zos has continually nerfed them to the floor and then nerfed them more after that. Og macsorc was really cool man. Sadly almost every class is the same now. Same thing happened to wow.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I feel you, much. Ppl dont want to hear it but the game was increadible fun back in the first two years. Many of my favourite playstyles are gone, or not copetitive anymore.

Anyhow, returning myself, I feel the recent changes actually made the game more appealing to me again. Sure classbalance sucks and always will, because the game is not balanced around PvP, but the build options are definitly there.

I suggest you take a closer look to no cp, I hated it first, but the missing CPs and default buffs actually make it quite harder to build.

So the payoff of tankiness, healing and damage is more noticable here than in CP, where basically everyone is godmode.

BTW also NB main here
  • ironbob2008
    ironbob2008
    ✭✭
    To the OP, it's always been horrible and always will be. For what it's worth, what makes games like Team Fortress 2 and Left For Dead work so well is that your objective is to use a limited set of weapons and abilities to accomplish an objective. No one has any weapons and armor that are overpowered. It's all situational.

That is never going to happen in a multiplayer game that mixes PVE with PVP as an afterthought. It's just not possible. There is still rock/paper/scissors going on with those games but not rock/paper/bazooka one month and then paper/paper/fire the next. I've been playing them since Ultima Online went live and not one single mmorpg whose baseline is PVE has ever been balanced when they try to adapt the same skill sets to PVP.

Of course armor and weapons sets make it even worse but regardless, it should not take seven to ten players to kill one player. When I see that, severe idiocy with the developers is in play.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I ever get reliable connectivity to PVP (Cyrodiil) I'll see if I agree.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    This game can never be in a balanced state as long as they keep trying to balance pvp and pve with the same blanket changes. balancing a class for both pvp and pve with the same changes has never worked in eso and has always been a main issue of both sides of the community. it hasnt worked in the past, its not working now, and it wont randomly start working in the future.

Not to mention the game is plagued with lag and desync issues. cyro feels horrible to play during prime time just as it always has.

most skills and sets are nuked and useless so 98% of people all just play slightly different variations of the same 2 builds on every class. which as it turns out is really boring and uninteresting to fight considering that build is a 40k tank who just holds block until they can ult you or a 40k hp tank with 3 proc sets and 10 different DoT effects.

at the end of the day tho, this game is meant for casual players and it isnt catered to veteran or end game players so its balanced in a way that makes those players happy for the time being, no matter how that affects the game in the long run it seems.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game can never be in a balanced state as long as they keep trying to balance pvp and pve with the same blanket changes. balancing a class for both pvp and pve with the same changes has never worked in eso and has always been a main issue of both sides of the community. it hasnt worked in the past, its not working now, and it wont randomly start working in the future.

Not to mention the game is plagued with lag and desync issues. cyro feels horrible to play during prime time just as it always has.

most skills and sets are nuked and useless so 98% of people all just play slightly different variations of the same 2 builds on every class. which as it turns out is really boring and uninteresting to fight considering that build is a 40k tank who just holds block until they can ult you or a 40k hp tank with 3 proc sets and 10 different DoT effects.

at the end of the day tho, this game is meant for casual players and it isnt catered to veteran or end game players so its balanced in a way that makes those players happy for the time being, no matter how that affects the game in the long run it seems.

i mean other than dk being straight disgustingly broken to the extent that any noob can use it and with the right sets be on par with high skilled players, no cp is pretty good/balanced. cp in general should just be removed from pvp. there is no way they can fix cp pvp without gutting the blue tree and starting over. the resource regen passives need to be completely reworked. they fix them and balance the regen monster sets and theres hope. until then all the tanks are just going to swap from maras to pariah and the issue will persist. theres a healing passive that removes all debuffs when you heal at 25% hp anyways.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the OP, it's always been horrible and always will be. For what it's worth, what makes games like Team Fortress 2 and Left For Dead work so well is that your objective is to use a limited set of weapons and abilities to accomplish an objective. No one has any weapons and armor that are overpowered. It's all situational.

That is never going to happen in a multiplayer game that mixes PVE with PVP as an afterthought. It's just not possible. There is still rock/paper/scissors going on with those games but not rock/paper/bazooka one month and then paper/paper/fire the next. I've been playing them since Ultima Online went live and not one single mmorpg whose baseline is PVE has ever been balanced when they try to adapt the same skill sets to PVP.

Of course armor and weapons sets make it even worse but regardless, it should not take seven to ten players to kill one player. When I see that, severe idiocy with the developers is in play.

ive played the game on and off since beta. patch before the cp changes, the game was actually very balanced. there were a few weak classes sure but honestly not really. cp changes and whatever else made after that patch destroyed the game.

edit: every other patch yea i agree with you. but right now it is horrendously bad. like worst patch i have played of all time by far. dk is arguably more broken than stamblade or magsorc ever were and you dont need an inch of skill to play it like you did with og magsorc and stamblade(excluding the viper/shadow walker meta). there is absolutely 0 skill curve it has been utterly flattened into zergs absolutely reigning supreme and 1vx inexistant. and the tank meta is on par with the token tank players back in the day that couldnt kil anybody but couldnt be killed. like whoever is drivin the car right now has since the cp changes been driving it off several cliffs and we're missing a few wheels and only one of the pistons still works and d4 comes out right before the new expansion.
    Edited by nublife01 on April 29, 2023 9:53PM
  • cuddles_with_wroble

i mean other than dk being straight disgustingly broken to the extent that any noob can use it and with the right sets be on par with high skilled players, no cp is pretty good/balanced. cp in general should just be removed from pvp. there is no way they can fix cp pvp without gutting the blue tree and starting over. the resource regen passives need to be completely reworked. they fix them and balance the regen monster sets and theres hope. until then all the tanks are just going to swap from maras to pariah and the issue will persist. theres a healing passive that removes all debuffs when you heal at 25% hp anyways.

DK is def good but i dont think its really broken in any way. DK just has a really amazing kit with almost no downsides to it and its pretty easy to play and doesnt take much time to learn the kit.

i however dont think any noob could be on par with high skilled players just for hopping on a DK, i have fought many awful low skill dk players probably more than any class aside from nightblade. its a class alot of new players and low skill players gravitate towards bc its is very powerful against other low skill and new players.

i dont play in no cp cyro very often but i know its an absolute mess in there. howerver i will say in cp cyro not many people run pariah and i dont think people will switch to it as it doesnt do the same thing that maras does. maras not only cleanses but it heals you when it does it, if you run maras for a day in cyro and then look at what skill healed you the most maras will be up there in the top 3-5 almost every time, it can single handedly carry 50% of your total outgoing healing in a fight against anyone who has DoT pressure or alot of negative effects
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

DK is def good but i dont think its really broken in any way. DK just has a really amazing kit with almost no downsides to it and its pretty easy to play and doesnt take much time to learn the kit.

i however dont think any noob could be on par with high skilled players just for hopping on a DK, i have fought many awful low skill dk players probably more than any class aside from nightblade. its a class alot of new players and low skill players gravitate towards bc its is very powerful against other low skill and new players.

i dont play in no cp cyro very often but i know its an absolute mess in there. howerver i will say in cp cyro not many people run pariah and i dont think people will switch to it as it doesnt do the same thing that maras does. maras not only cleanses but it heals you when it does it, if you run maras for a day in cyro and then look at what skill healed you the most maras will be up there in the top 3-5 almost every time, it can single handedly carry 50% of your total outgoing healing in a fight against anyone who has DoT pressure or alot of negative effects

You must play a DK. I’m a Templar main (now sitting on the shelf) and playing a nightblade full time PvP. I started leveling a DK for PvE not too long ago, and have since taken it to PvP a couple times (out of curiosity) and it’s insane how strong it is. Doesn’t matter what I’m wearing, the thing is strong. I hate to say that it was even kind of fun, because I’m refusing to actually PvP with a real set up, because I think they are destroying PvP right now, and I don’t want a part of that.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play all races, classes...if you play solo, you either have to be incredibly mobile or tanky as heck...not much middle ground in between...

DK's and wardens continue to be the most effective...

Sorcerers and nightblades are the most fun right now though...

man, wish I could endure through some arena stuff...those weapons are nice...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP at the moment is: 1. equip Mara (thank God for the incoming nerf!!), 2. equip DW Stinging Slashes, 3. Morph Twin Slashes...wait and win
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    PvP at the moment is: 1. equip Mara (thank God for the incoming nerf!!), 2. equip DW Stinging Slashes, 3. Morph Twin Slashes...wait and win

yep. dk if you want to be uber broken. stamsorc/warden if you just want to be kinda broken. and nah theyre just going to equip pariah and the blue cp that removes all debuffs when recieving healing at low health and it will be the same crap again because the mag/stam regen passives are broken on the cp tree.