Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1h+shield deadly bash

tossop
tossop
✭✭
passive skill deadly bash affect power bash active skill from 1h and shield tree? So power bash doing twice as much damage, half cost, stun and disorient and it is instant cast? Very powerfull skill if is it true.
  • coldplazma
    No its not and instant cast, its sorta slow and potentially can get interrupted by another attack. Also I don't think that it gets buffed by the shield bash passive. The damage is about equivalent to the shield charge damage
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    What does instant cast mean in this context? Which weapon skill ability is it that has a cast time that you're comparing this to?

Bash hits for nice damage, but tapers off as you close in on 50 because the weapon skills are scaling with your weapon damage while bash scales with.. I don't know what. It's really there to provide the 1h/shield tree with an actual damage attack that uses stamina, because you end up relying wholly on one resource (magicka) otherwise.

Also, bash doesn't stun unless it's a pve mob in a channel and at 39 I think it's hitting for ~160 for me (was around 150 at 30).
    Edited by Kellhus on April 11, 2014 1:15PM
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    tsopoci wrote: »
    passive skill deadly bash affect power bash active skill from 1h and shield tree? So power bash doing twice as much damage, half cost, stun and disorient and it is instant cast? Very powerfull skill if is it true.
    So to answer your question, "No." Deadly Bash (passive) does not affect Power Bash (skill). Deadly Bash only affects the standard bash attack that all weapons have. With a 1h1s, you are assumed to be the tank of the group and should therefore have more situational awareness, which leads to you being the most likely to bash an enemy caster out of their spell animation.
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    I have and use Deadly Bash on my Nightblade.

I've tested the skill and it only scales with Weapon Damage. I've use pots and food to get more magicka, stamina and health and spell power and none of them scaled your standard bash attack. It only scales based on weapon damage.

That said it is a strong attack that doesn't take a skill slot. This makes it extremely strong for magicka focused builds that are primarily using class skills because it gives them a good stamina dump (your only other option is Resto Staff for the 10% damage buff passive).

I am now leveling up 2hander to see how those skills compare to bash and my class skills. (I am VR2). Leveling bow also. Weapon skills have the advantage that they scale with Weapon Damage and Stamina. They also have Flawless Dawnbreaker Ultimate to get another damage boost. So they could end up stronger than bash in a resource cost to damage done standpoint.