Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Pink squares under furnishings when trying to place them

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I've recently noticed that there are pink squares under furnishings when I am trying to place them. I don't know if this is an EHT thing or something that ZoS added but I find it rather annoying and not the least bit helpful.

I've been going through settings looking for a way to toggle this off, and I hope there is one, but haven't found one yet. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable this?
PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its very likely the addon

i dont use EHT and have never seen a pink square under a furnishing when placing it

my only guess is that its there so you can line up furnishings that are floating or in the air knowing where the "center" of the furnishing is
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just started doing this very recently. Whatever it's supposed to do it's more of a hindrance than a help. Others also asked about this on esoui's add-on page but there has been no reply there yet. I was hoping someone here would know.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 14, 2023 3:52PM
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This screenshot shows what I am referring to. It looks like the pink box is to line things up with the grid lines, but I use the grid lines themselves to line things up. I don't need a box that is covering the surface and making it hard for me to see if I am flat with the surface or not.

455f1gifk4xw.jpg
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears it is most likely caused by the addon. If anyone knows how to toggle this off I would be grateful.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 14, 2023 8:02PM
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is definitely 100% the addon

ive never seen any of those things using the base game housing editor (gridlines or the pink square)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's clearly the addon. The precision tool has nothing like that.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought so but wasn't positive. I see nothing in the notes about the last addon update that talks about it and no setting to remove it.
    PCNA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set EHT on yesterday, and I had that too. The grid alignment was also acting a bit weird by vanishing if the item was clipped down into the ground.

Though, might be update related. Haven't updated it for awhile.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EHT was updated 3/12/23 so it is likely that this is what is causing it. And if I toggle EHT off the pink square goes away.

I just want to find a way to toggle this square off. I've tried disabling a lot of the addon settings but it's still there. I use a lot of the EHT features when decorating so I don't want to toggle it off completely.
    PCNA
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be dry and direct - that pink rectangle needs a toggle to turn it off. Period.

In fact, I'll poke around and see if I can sabotage it somehow. I hate it that much. Last program I wrote was FORTRAN but this may get me motivated. It simply doesn't matter to visitors if that awful pink rectangle thing is functional, so, it doesn't matter if it is in their client as long as it is out of mine. Hmm...
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not listed as a new feature with the last update so I wonder if it wasn't intended.
    PCNA
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been combing through the addon settings and can't find how to turn this off either. My eyes suffer! :P Please help us. @archetechtura, @R_K
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've discovered that the pink square is directly tied to the horizontal grid. Turning the grid off removes it but I use the horizontal grid a lot and don't want to turn it off.

I have posted twice now on the addon website asking if there is a way to remove this but have not gotten any response. I hope someone will see this thread and help with this. It's a very disruptive feature.
    PCNA
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed this, too. It's *really* in the way :c

Anyone know how to toggle this feature off in EHT? Pretty please help!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This link is the message board for the Essential Housing Tools add-on. I hoped someone there would help with this but so far there have been no replies. Is anyone here able to create a solution?

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#comments
    Edited by SilverBride on May 24, 2023 6:45PM
    PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely the addon developer would need to see and reply to your message.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if that happened but so far no one has replied to my 2 posts about it and a post by another user on the add-on's message board. This is more than a little annoying, it is in the way of placing furnishings.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 25, 2023 12:36AM
    PCNA