The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(Resolved) No patch to download on console?

DragonRacer
DragonRacer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Banner at the top of the forum says this maintenance is a patch maintenance, which usually means there is a patch to download and install for us, right? Usually that hits around 6-6:30am Eastern.

Did anyone on PlayStation get a patch to download for ESO this morning? I had my PS5 and old PS4 turned off (not rest mode, where you can still download stuff, but fully off). I turned both on to download today's patch and nothing. I even clicked on the ESO icon and selected "check for updates" and it says I already have the latest version installed. Others on Discord are confirming no patch on PlayStation yet for them either, so figured I'd check on here as well.

Is it just running late? Or does patch maintenance not always mean there's a patch to download? Or has something gone wrong?

EDIT: It was late as heck, but PlayStation patch finally became available to download at 9:30am Eastern
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 13, 2023 4:38PM
PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also wondering the same and was just looking through the forums to see if there was already a message about this. Compared to normal client patch releases, the patch is at least 2 hours late (and counting).
    Edited by msetten on April 12, 2023 12:29PM
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes a while for console patches to roll out due to how the certification process works from time to time.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's just hope it gets released in time for us to download and install it before the server comes back online.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It takes a while for console patches to roll out due to how the certification process works from time to time.

Including the day the patch is supposed to drop? I understand there’s a certification process, I just kinda assumed that part completed before patch day is officially announced.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where my XBox peeps at? Did you get something to download this morning?

I just don’t have any living memory of not having a download to do on a patch day, especially since they traditionally release when I’m still in bed. That’s the only reason why I’m curious.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don’t have any living memory of not having a download to do on a patch day, especially since they traditionally release when I’m still in bed. That’s the only reason why I’m curious.

My xbox does it all automatically, so no clue.
  • StolenEyes
    StolenEyes
    ✭✭✭
    I

I got a Series X patch download this morning after the servers went offline. Didn't see its size though.
    Xbox/EU1750+ CP--The Vessius Sisters, exiled Imperial/Breton family - Sarenia, Stamina Sorcerer, AD Lexia, Stamina Nightblade Silencer, DCHelvena, Dragonknight Tank, EPMalerie, Magicka Vampire Necromancer, DCQuiselle, Magicka Templar, ADKethria, Magicka Nightblade Vampire Thief, AD
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch just hit on PlayStation!
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hello!

We've gone ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, PlayStation® Technical Support.

Thanks for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the patch is now available, this thread will be closed since the issue is resolved.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.