The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

OS Ventura 13.3.1 update breaks Launcher for older Intel Macs

Mophett
Mophett
Updating to OS Ventura 13.3.1 broke the ESO launcher file on my older intel Mac so now if anyone updates there older intel Mac it will no longer work because the ESO client will be outdated and no longer any way to update it. So will have to look for other options to be able to play.

I knew it would happen at some point, I just wish I'd waited one more day so I would of at least been able to use the launcher to update the ESO client and had one more week to sort another way to play.
  • denisclairetneb18_ESO
    There is an open source launcher for FF XIV that works just fine on Mac M1 & M2. It's impressive. I don't know if something similar exists for ESO.
  • jekyltooub17_ESO
    I'm using Ventura 13.1 and I keep getting the message that the launcher is damaged and can't be opened. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game (no mean feat given my rural internet connection) and get the same message. Is this really it?
  • jekyltooub17_ESO
    I'm using Ventura 13.1 and I keep getting the message that the launcher is damaged and can't be opened. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game (no mean feat given my rural internet connection) and get the same message. Is this really it?

I just overrode the security settings and forced it to open. So far so good.
  • tralmekub17_ESO

What security settings did you need to override? I'm considering boosting my primary gaming Mac up to Ventura and want to be prepared.
  • CrushDepth
    What do you define as older intel?
  • Mophett
    Mophett
    2017 iMac with a Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
  • tralmekub17_ESO

What security settings did you need to override? I'm considering boosting my primary gaming Mac up to Ventura and want to be prepared.

For what it's worth to anyone else who worries, I did run into the "damaged" launcher issue after updating to Ventura on my 2017 iMac. Simply going into Applications, choosing Open in Finder, and opening the launcher directly was enough to fix. I didn't even have to right click and open and bypass Gatekeeper like some applications require. No further warnings or issues since then.