The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hermaeus Mora Themed Shrines

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Calling all of Tamriel's Interior Designers! As we're working our way to the launch of Necrom, we're making a call out to the housing community to show us your take on a shrine for our very own Hermaeus Mora. Do you have a room befitting the Daedric Prince of Knowledge? Can you make a space worthy for Mora to lay his tentacles after a long day of reading? If you've got what it takes to build the ultimate Hermaeus Mora shrine, we want to see your creations! We'll be highlighting some in a blog post in the coming weeks as well. To be considered for the blog, please post your shrines by April 20th at 10am ET.

To participate, simply take some screenshots of Mora-themed shrine, and submit them in this thread with your character name and a brief description of your creation. Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing your submissions!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 26, 2024 4:06PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for fan art?
    <snipped for Trolling>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 10, 2023 10:18PM
  • RaidingTraiding
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Do you have a room befitting the Daedric Prince of Knowledge? Can you make a space worthy for Mora to lay his tentacles after a long day of reading?

Wouldn't you like to know
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a housing contest on this same thing? Not enough time, with anniversary event and waiting on eso+ trial to clear my inventory of all these excess items; I don't have the room right now to juggle furniture as well.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on April 11, 2023 1:13AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I don’t have anything just laying around and would need to build from scratch… and the unfortunate timing of this popping up the same day ZOS had to address a certain… uh, “unfortunate incident”… has naturally led to not the best reception in comments so far. Understandably.

But I do feel bad for Kevin, who works for ZOS but is not the Sole Entity of ZOS so pot-shotting at him kinda stinks, guys. Of all the people who have tried to help improve the communication here on the forum - whether that’s measured up to where you want/think it should be or not - I feel like he’s honestly made the best effort at it versus anyone else over the years.

(Admittedly, I come from a biased perspective as someone who thought being a gaming community manager would be my dream job, but realizing I am personally waaaaaay too thin-skinned to ever survive it. LOL So I always feel bad when the messenger gets shot.)

Kevin, I’ll try and toss something together so you aren’t left twisting in the wind. No promises and hopefully more talented people than me create some awesome rooms to showcase, but I’ll try.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really disturbing that people dogpile on someone who's certainly not involved in what happened with the "art problem". Kevin's the Forum Manager; he has no responsibility for anything the art department does.

People these days make me cringe.

Kevin, I don't have time to even think about anything housing right now. 12 feet of snow is melting fast, and we're not only in danger of basement flooding, the road is about ready to go. This year, our water line (4 feet deep) is also endangered. I'll be lucky to get anything else done with Jubilee (which is my fav event). Sorry friend. Maybe next year.
    Edited by TaSheen on April 12, 2023 6:07PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People see the ZOS symbol and dog pile based on entity, not person. Argument being everyone there represents the whole company at all times, especially on its official forum. It’s human nature.

I just remember the dog piling of devs and community managers on the BioWare forums over many years. You know, the forums that funnily enough now no longer exist. Funny, that.

I don’t wish to see that eventually happen here. Forums, while arguably composed of a small percentage of the most fanatical of fans and not a good measure of the overall pulse of an entire community of millions, still offers such better long-form communication than bits and blurbs on social media lost in a sea of comments.

@TaSheen - as a Floridian, I can’t conceive what you’re going through with the snow, but I can sympathize with the flooding from my own hurricanes. I wish you well and hope you come through intact and able to enjoy as much of Jubilee as you can!
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Shrine is currently heavily guarded by the vault door.
    Who knows what secrets are lying within.

t5ksbd4ay1w9.jpeg

Characters name is Necro-Master with his trusty henchman.

I told him under no circumstances is that door to be opened.

u5dm4tpc7i5t.jpeg

m4h4tbdfzpzq.jpeg

Curiosity overwhelmed him even the most trusted can’t resist the thirst for knowledge.

User name @Animar12
    Edited by Animar111 on April 18, 2023 10:28AM
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the little house furnishing limit we have? no chance of having "Spare Room"
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would have some ideas, but the best furnishings for it are crown crate exclusive. Maybe you could consider giving players unlimited access to every piece of furniture on the PTS so their creativity isn't gate-kept by real life money concerns.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My small shrine to the Black Book to pray to the Prince of Knowledge. His grasp reaching forth through the very walls themselves.

image.png
    image.png

Character Name: Lija Magnus-Born (Placeholder for what my Arcanist is going to be called)
    House: Psijic Villa.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a housing contest on this same thing? Not enough time, with anniversary event and waiting on eso+ trial to clear my inventory of all these excess items; I don't have the room right now to juggle furniture as well.

This is for housing.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    I do own several houses, mostly for quick and free teleport. Sometimes I drop random furnishings in them, things I've gotten while doing antiquities mainly. So doing a themed "room" was something new for me, as I've never bothered with it before. Domus Phrasticus has a nice courtyard and I chose it to be the place for the shrine.

Of course I would've liked to make it more greenish and tentacly but as a mere mortal with no access to that sort of items, I decided to make do with what was available to me. Felicitous Furnishings in Fargrave became a store I visited the most but many items came from Achievement Furnishers.

In the end, it does look more like some weird glorified daedric outdoor library, but as Hermaeus Mora is the daedric prince of knowledge, I think it will do. Lyranth was nice enough to come and pose for the picture with some random angry banekin. Over all, I had fun and that's what matters the most.

-Laufeydottir

oq9371dqdqzb.png

nm21qaqv52pz.png

"If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a shrine? Or Hermaeus Mora themselves? -- At this point I'm too afraid to ask.

q5vdll104kf3.png

Account/character: @DJfriede, PCEU
    Description: After I built a planetarium in my Hall of the Lunar Champion, Hermaeus Mora felt right at home. There the prince collects even more knowledge and seems to have a glimpse into the universe itself.

Edited by DJfriede on April 13, 2023 6:47AM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will have to get creative on doing this, not much in the way of Mora themed assets yet.
    Edited by Destai on April 11, 2023 7:12PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inspiration and a dash of free time struck, so I made something for this quicker than anticipated. It was fun! :smile:

"Historian Phedre had loved books and knowledge ever since she was a little girl, but she began to dig too deep into the old tomes. The Dremora memoir I Was Summoned By A Mortal inspired her to build a shrine in her small Kragenmoor home dedicated to Hermaeus Mora. She quietly hoped it might prove her worthy enough to become one of his acolytes and, just perhaps, summon the Daedric Prince himself."

4aO9Smi.jpg
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0pd1z1cm1lp4.jpeg
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    th54mzg1twww.png

USERID: CoolBlast3
    Character Name: Soulless Hero
    Mora's tendrils reach out from the darkest abysses! I was planning on doing something like this for when Arcanist drops, but until then it was built and will remain in my Vestige's Tel Galen!
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    Is it a shrine? Or Hermaeus Mora themselves? -- At this point I'm too afraid to ask.

q5vdll104kf3.png

Woah this is amazing, how did you achieve that eye look?
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

q5vdll104kf3.png

Thank you!

The smaller eyes mostly are Lunar Reflectors and Coral Formations. The central eye is made of Earthen Root Essences and a strategically placed Nix-Ox mount. :)

• JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a work in progress. he is the daedric prince of book tho

05dsdz5w49vp.png

I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • lellieg8
    lellieg8
    ✭✭
    UserID @Lellie-G8
    Char name Mrs Nezbitt
    House: Doomchar Plateau

Just a little library (shrine) that he visits on occasion 🐙wozeh34onxhk.png
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

q5vdll104kf3.png

Whoa what did you use for eyes 👀
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

q5vdll104kf3.png

q5vdll104kf3.png

Thank you!

The smaller eyes mostly are Lunar Reflectors and Coral Formations. The central eye is made of Earthen Root Essences and a strategically placed Nix-Ox mount. :)

There you go....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

q5vdll104kf3.png

q5vdll104kf3.png

Thank you!

There you go....

Thanks! I missed that comment.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm usually a casual housing decorator, but I actually already have a shrine to each Daedric Prince in this house. Here's the corner dedicated to Hermaeus Mora. I updated it a bit for this post. My pocket watcher, Ayla, guards this shrine. I'm not sure which picture I like best since she is so mesmerizing and photogenic, I could keep snapping screenshots of her all day.
    rjucvvmp0npw.jpg
    r7jsgv0md0gj.jpg
    933p5dt9gg5n.jpg

User: Kallykat
    Character: Katlethi
    House: Ebonheart Chateau
  • agrona
    agrona
    Soul Shriven
    Something sinister is stirring beneath Hakkvild's High Hall.

41did14imugv.png

Seriously?? The Dragonborn read one of those blasted black books again!

alskcfn7d2ib.png
    ox60mlneuhyr.png

User: Agrona - PC NA
    Character Name: Nenyanna

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fquyzwa4yt0b.png

name: emilypumpkin
    description: I went with a standard table shrine look, covered in books, scrolls, etc and candles for manifestation. The tentacles, with more books swirling around them, are Hermaeus Mora reaching out of the black mass.

This wasn't my original plan or my usual decorating technique, and I spent hundreds of K trying things out, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how it ended up.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b261ohi25i4j.png

User: @Elvenheart
    Character: Llyralunwe

And here I was, exploring the Varlaisvea Ruins, and look what I came across....
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no greater shrine to the Great Eye than a simple library.

px5s1vdu18pd.png
    @FabresFour - 1970 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    User: @FabresFour
    Character: Gwynfour

This library is part of the Arcane Society, a guild of mages that protect arcane artifacts on Nirn.

A few times a year, Arcane Society mages make offerings to the Daedric Prince of Knowledge to appease his hunger and ward off his tentacles from the guild.
    @FabresFour - 1970 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.