The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Which class for an arrow slinger?

dispatcher505_ESO
So, I want to roll a bow wielding bad mamba jamba, but not familiar enough with the different classes to decide which is best. I know there is a race or two that has "bow" in its racial abilities, but which class of the 4 to choose? Or does it matter at all?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really your choice. There are a lot of nightblade bow people, because of sneaking bonuses and things.
    Apparently templar and sorc are also very good options for bows - as they have good ranged abilities.

So far I've not heard of 1 successful dragonknight, so my advice is:
    Best class for bow is templar, nightblade or sorc.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I did a bow wielding assassin in beta - you get your bow ranged attack and a few no melee weapons required melee attacks.
  • dispatcher505_ESO
    I did a bow wielding assassin in beta - you get your bow ranged attack and a few no melee weapons required melee attacks.

That was my concern and basically why I asked this question. Everything is fine with wielding a bow, but what happens when the mob comes into melee range? Does my bow become my melee weapon or am I fighting melee with no weapon at all?
  • RElapse
    RElapse
    Correct me if I am wrong, because I often am, but I believe at a certain level/skill level you get weapon switching. you you can use your sick bow for ranged attacks and if an enemy comes within melee range you can do a weapon switch to melee weapon. I believe it is in the character screen, where you equip weapons.
    Fight the good fight, and die with the enemies heart in you hand
  • dispatcher505_ESO
    RElapse wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong, because I often am, but I believe at a certain level/skill level you get weapon switching. you you can use your sick bow for ranged attacks and if an enemy comes within melee range you can do a weapon switch to melee weapon. I believe it is in the character screen, where you equip weapons.

Yes, you can switch weapons at a certain level, but I cant remember which though. I think I am gonna roll a sorcerer with a bow and use the pet and the switch weapons once its available. See how that works.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 15 is weapon swapping in combat, complete with secondary skill slots.

Not hard to get there.
  • Miths
    Miths
    My templar has been having a significantly easier time than my nightblade with a bow. Sun Fire as a long range snare and Piercing Javelin to knock them back and down when they get too close, and Puncturing Strikes in cases when they do get into melee distance.

Mind you both characters are still only level 7 so that's not much to go on.