The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you try to build tank character, then must consider self surviving technique rather than average.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
If you try to build tank character, then must consider self surviving technique rather than average.

It's a extremely "basic" and "fundamental" game logic for the team role combat.
However, some people still regard tank as "just shield man" has taunt skill.

It's a 70% wrong.

If you think like this, your taunt skill is totally meaningless. Receiving damage by taunt means
you will get more damage than other role players. So you must be really tough guy.

Must equip well reinforced heavy armor, must have several reliable self healing tactics than DPS,
must have huge health pool as possible as you can.

Why?

Because tank must take some lethal big damage for the DPS or healer. Sometimes can't avoid
walking on the AOE. And, if everyone fall, then you're last-man standing guy mostly. The newer
DLC dungeon have more these situation rather than old one.

If you want to be tanking man, then you can't avoid those "basics".
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes and no. I do agree that the best skill a tank can have is staying alive. But you can use CP to gain higher resistances and health. You should be using a tri-stat food. And yes, Reinforced is a good trait to have, but Infused is also very strong. On most of the tanks I run (DK, Warden, Nightblade, Sorcerer) I only have one self heal, and on the Necro, its several HOTs and the Scythe. That is for dungeons and trials.

I'd rather have group-oriented skills and armor sets to increase their damage and/or healing/resistances. The staying alive portion comes from knowing the mechanics, where to stand, when to move, bash, interrupt, etc. and when to block. Having over 50K health on a perma-block tank isn't going to do much for the group as a whole
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no. I do agree that the best skill a tank can have is staying alive. But you can use CP to gain higher resistances and health. You should be using a tri-stat food. And yes, Reinforced is a good trait to have, but Infused is also very strong. On most of the tanks I run (DK, Warden, Nightblade, Sorcerer) I only have one self heal, and on the Necro, its several HOTs and the Scythe. That is for dungeons and trials.

I'd rather have group-oriented skills and armor sets to increase their damage and/or healing/resistances. The staying alive portion comes from knowing the mechanics, where to stand, when to move, bash, interrupt, etc. and when to block. Having over 50K health on a perma-block tank isn't going to do much for the group as a whole

I met too much of terrible fake tank player in random dungeon. 100 % of it was failed by fake tank player who
    doesn't have decent knowledge about tank building. And those people say "'I'm real tank! I'm not fake!!" mostly.
    But 100% fake mostly. Keep killing fair DPS player by fake confidence and wrong knowledge. ESO is chaos.

Hope ZOS making decent tutorial for the tank building.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Going my tank character" is only solution for the fake tank in the ESO.
    I want "tank certification" achievement for preventing fake tank.

2023/12/21
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @AvalonRanger I think the best tank tutorial is to run all the content on veteran with a DD several times, obviously with an experienced tank leading the way.

I agree that there are a fair amount of bad tanks out there in the randoms, the permablock variety I referenced. Oddly, they are also the tanks who blame the healers for their deaths as well, despite the massive health pools. When you get into the vet DLC dungeons, the tank's survivablility hinges as much on the build as the group's DPS, and of course, mechanics. I'll take a group-oriented tank into Graven Deep or vDOM over a selfish build any day as I know the boost in DPS will lower the chance of dying through facing more mechanics
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AvalonRanger I think the best tank tutorial is to run all the content on veteran with a DD several times, obviously with an experienced tank leading the way.

I agree that there are a fair amount of bad tanks out there in the randoms, the permablock variety I referenced. Oddly, they are also the tanks who blame the healers for their deaths as well, despite the massive health pools. When you get into the vet DLC dungeons, the tank's survivablility hinges as much on the build as the group's DPS, and of course, mechanics. I'll take a group-oriented tank into Graven Deep or vDOM over a selfish build any day as I know the boost in DPS will lower the chance of dying through facing more mechanics

>>Oddly, they are also the tanks who blame the healers for their deaths as well, despite the massive health pools.

100% Agree. I also hear wrong complaining of those "almost" fake tank. They can't survive even in normal dungeon
    with massive healing supporting

It's a fake tank. Fake role player.

Doing some DLC veteran dungeon needs healer support even for the tank just in case of lethal damage of the boss,
    "however", basically supporting DPS and maintain damage amount are most important job of the healer.
    So, tank must have strong self surviving technique. Otherwise, DPS can't do job.

2023/12/21
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the tank cant survive in normal, thats a severe lack of player skill, regardless if they are a fake tank or not

i accidentally had my pvp NB marked as a tank when i was doing a random, and could still tank my way through normal march of sacrifices on a pvp spec NB with 12k resists lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if the tank cant survive in normal, thats a severe lack of player skill, regardless if they are a fake tank or not

i accidentally had my pvp NB marked as a tank when i was doing a random, and could still tank my way through normal march of sacrifices on a pvp spec NB with 12k resists lol

Haha, did the same on normal Bal Sunnar on a Mag DK. Was on the DD and forgot to swap him to the tank in the armory. Got to the end before I realize I was the tank in the random. No deaths, kind of surprised me with that belching poison boss.
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    The game does absolutely nothing to teach support roles. Heck, it doesnt even really teach damage, beyond the most simple, basic things. You have to go to YouTube, forums etc for that. It sucks.

Bleh didn't see how old this is and can't delete. How old is considered necro post anyway?
    Edited by mdjessup4906 on April 27, 2023 2:23AM
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moreover, please remove "leaving punishment"
    The game does absolutely nothing to teach support roles. Heck, it doesn't even really teach damage, beyond the most simple, basic things. You have to go to YouTube, forums etc for that. It sucks.

Bleh didn't see how old this is and can't delete. How old is considered necro post anyway?

Agree. And, ESO doesn't have decent tutorial for the role building.
    This is the biggest reason which newbie are still doing nonsense tank building even in CP500 player.

But I can't agree with most of DPS building YouTube tutorials.
    Because, most of those tutorials don't consider "real combat situation", but based on combat dummy test.

Remind this, "combat dummy will not try to kill you". So, no defense aspect glass building will not work
    latest dungeon, even in normal mode dungeon.

2023/12/21