The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread, "Explore Tamriel During The April 2023 Free Play Event & Sale"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
r2ugq1ffrbci.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Explore Tamriel During The April 2023 Free Play Event & Sale"

"Venture into a world without limits during the April 2023 Free Play Event and Sale."

Also, if you're interested in some free Crown Crates, check out this thread!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 18, 2023 1:34PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this event was supposed to go live on Thursday? It's now Friday and, at least here in Germany, when we tried it with my wife and son's accounts nothing happened. They went to the News page, clicked on the Free Play button, selected PC/Mac, but then it just took us to our account pages. No further buttons to click, no codes to enter. Logged into both accounts and neither account has ESO Plus Free Play active.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this event was supposed to go live on Thursday? It's now Friday and, at least here in Germany, when we tried it with my wife and son's accounts nothing happened. They went to the News page, clicked on the Free Play button, selected PC/Mac, but then it just took us to our account pages. No further buttons to click, no codes to enter. Logged into both accounts and neither account has ESO Plus Free Play active.

Might be that you are confusing the free ESO play days with free ESO PLUS days? This is a free ESO PLAY event so that you can play ESO for a limited time without actually buying the game. Free ESO+ always has to be activated ingame in the crown store - but this is not possible with a free ESO play event.
    Edited by Myrnhiel on April 7, 2023 10:51AM
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    Might be that you are confusing the free ESO play days with free ESO PLUS days? This is a free ESO PLAY event so that you can play ESO for a limited time without actually buying the game. Free ESO+ always has to be activated ingame in the crown store - but this is not possible with a free ESO play event.

Ah, yes. That's what I get for reading the news before having any caffeine in the morning. I suspect you're spot on.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • freewheeler
    Has the free to play event already ended on the EU servers ? Can't seem to login to my account anymore even though the official information says until April 17th