The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mercymother Outfit - Please toggle Bikini Tops for men

AScarlato
AScarlato
✭✭✭✭✭
I like the concept of the Mercymother attire for a devout-type character, but disappointed that there is no toggle for the bikini-top. I hope in the future such a toggle can be added to outfits like this for those playing male characters.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    surely an Almalexia cosplayer would want to fully cosplay her?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's called equality look it up
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only problem is the ugly sandals, it's basically a painted sole. Almalexia originally is barefoot anyway, that would have been better.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fine with it having a top for both male and female characters, but then I previewed it on a male character and realized that no adjustments had been made to the fit of the top on male characters. So it just looks bad on them. It’s like the opposite of the Wedding Dress costume, which fits better on male characters than female ones (go figure).

Oh, well. Saved me some purchase mistakes.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I was fine with it having a top for both male and female characters, but then I previewed it on a male character and realized that no adjustments had been made to the fit of the top on male characters. So it just looks bad on them. It’s like the opposite of the Wedding Dress costume, which fits better on male characters than female ones (go figure).

I think the shape looks fine for male characters but the problem is in how it gets stretched with wider chests. It looked a lot better on my skinny man than my more muscular ones.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

I think the shape looks fine for male characters but the problem is in how it gets stretched with wider chests. It looked a lot better on my skinny man than my more muscular ones.

...seeing it on more muscular guys, you say?
    N1xUjAal.png

...yeah, I haven't bought it yet, but I must say he's... uhh, striking in this. May need to see if I can make it work on other characters before I throw the crowns down :D

But to the point of the thread - I am minorly annoyed that there's a disconnect between having a 'male-designed' costume on female characters and having a 'female-designed' costume showing on males. As an example, obviously the new Ragebound Harness - which looks as if it was designed originally for male characters - is given a female morph with a chest wrap, but even costumes that were ostensibly designed for male characters like the Noble Suit are still cut in such a way that they are flattering to the figure on a female character. But then you have some costumes designed originally for female characters like the Timbercrow Wanderer that still have the sports bra on the guys (and people have made photoshop mockups without the chestpiece for men, and it looks great). I do notice that the Celestial robes had unique male and female models - the costume was presumably designed for female characters, but it was given a male model that didn't expose its skimpiness in a female-centric way. But yes, it is a balancing act, since some people would like for their male characters to wear dresses...

Like I said, I'm only minorly annoyed by it. I just would have preferred the Timbercrow to be bare-chested on dudes.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tomofhyrule Your character pulls this off way better than mine haha! I Just noticed the same over the years - like Timbercrow but also I had a male Dibellan Dancer.

Now, in the actual game, there is the Dancer attire in the Chapel of Dibella in Anvil with men and women wearing the same outfit. The men have the tops REMOVED entirely. Then the same outfit is in the crown store but with the bra still on the outfit on male characters. They clearly can remove the top and I don't know why this isn't a toggle. Same thing with one of the Alik'r outfits.

I'm not saying there aren't male characters who like wearing bras or traditionally feminine clothing. That's fine - it doesn't bother me that this is an option for those who like this. But there are several outfits I would have bought as a guy who doesn't want to wear bras, and didn't because of this issue. It'd be easy money from me if they removed tops or allowed for a toggle, especially with outfits they already do this for on NPCs.