The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar mains embrace the Crusade

KainedED
KainedED
✭✭✭
Ever have the urge to don chain mail and slay cultist, vampire, or werewolf scum ever hit you like a ton of bricks?

Ever felt a burning passion for cleansing heretical filth in burning aedric flames?

Cast away the chains of firing off stupid yellow beams that bind you and embrace your TRUE path as a righteous crusader!

Attacking with staffs? NO. Thats stupid, swing aedric blade with pure righteous brute strength.

Wear cloth as primary armor? NO. Thats what cultists do, we wear chain mail and plate blessed in the rivers of the holy lands.

EMBRACE YOUR INNER LIGHT AND FAN THOSE RIGHTEOUS FLAMES, EMBRACE YOUR INNER CRUSADER.

(TLDR: yeah like every offensive ability on templar is dogwater so I had to make a build that doesn't use any to make templar effective.)

https://youtu.be/99XxC0n2VkA

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No major expedition :(
    Potl not worth slotting but beam would do nicely in that spot.
    Being a templar main is rough currently, glad you are sticking with it too.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally running orders wrath and phoenix moth on my plar. Glad to see other people swinging and not just doing master dw + vate destro like everyone else
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I tried out a similar build but with night mothers gaze evil hunter with silver shards, and javelin instead of backlash. Hunted vampires lol
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the main two skills templar used to really deal damage were nerfed so hard. Now one isn't even worth slotting (the main spammable of all things) as it does less damage than even Elemental Weapon and feels worse to use than Cliff Racer with its terrible animation that ignores the rules of animation, and the other is only worthwhile if your group doesn't have minor breach. The other handful of damage abilities the class had were gutted with the change to DOTs, making the class' damage fully reliant on Radiant Oppression/Glory. Not great when the majority of your damage comes from a finisher.

Personally, I'm just hopeful Arcanist has a ton of Magic Damage skills so I can break out War Maiden's again. I'd love to enjoy templar again like you do, but it's hard when it's not even the same class aside from sunlight goes brrrr.
    Edited by merpins on April 7, 2023 2:56AM