The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to repair a keep wall/door?

Rana1014
Rana1014
✭✭✭
I still don't understand how to repair them. I bought a masonry wall repair kit but how exactly do you "target" the object you wish to repair?
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all you do is put the repair kit into a quickslot, then choose the correct quicklslot while targeting the desired wall/door. You should be able to target something once you get close enough to it.
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berial_00 wrote: »
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all you do is put the repair kit into a quickslot, then choose the correct quicklslot while targeting the desired wall/door. You should be able to target something once you get close enough to it.

Haven't tried it myself, but seen others do it. This sounds about right.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried this several times (at many different angles), however, nothing happens.

Edited by Rana1014 on March 31, 2014 8:37PM
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    Rana1014 wrote: »
    I've tried this several times (at many different angles), however, nothing happens.

Be aware that 'one' repair kit might move the health bar of what you are fixing by about a pixel. At least that has been my experience in the beta. It takes a lot of people or a lot of repair items to completely fix a wall or door.
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rana1014 wrote: »

Be aware that 'one' repair kit might move the health bar of what you are fixing by about a pixel. At least that has been my experience in the beta. It takes a lot of people or a lot of repair items to completely fix a wall or door.
    If you're using up the kits, you're repairing. You can go through 30 kits and not fully repair something.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●