The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Availability of Kreshweed.

JARTHEGREY
JARTHEGREY
✭✭✭
Hi. One of my characters requires Kreshweed for the Daily Writs - until I can upgrade to the next level. I have a few Clothier Surveys I can do but I noticed that the Materials are spread 2 / 2 / 2 with other materials - so I only get around 2x 18 Kreshweed each Survey.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an area that Kreshweed grew in the wild, so to speak?
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll appear anywhere that any plants that drop light armor materials are. It may appear more or less based on your character level and your crafting rank. No crafting material drops more in any particular spot.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally speaking, both open world nodes and surveys are split between 50% materials at your craft level (the level you can craft at, kreshweed), and 50% at your character level (whatever makes gear at your characters level, ancestor silk if you're CP 150 or higher) . Clothing surveys are also split between leathers and fibers.
    You could also pick up kreshweed from guild traders, or ask someone who does a lot of crafting - the return boxes give back some lower level mats that pile up in people's craft bags.

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try adjusting your map filters so not many icons are selected, and ensure the clothing icon is selected. Then just head for any location with these icons. If you're on PC then use a mini-map, that helps find them quickly.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On new characters, I leave them at 1/10 and continue to do dailies on that until they have deconned enough items to 50 before investing points into it. That way its either Jute/Rawhide or Ancestral/Ruby for their crafting dailies. It seems self-punishing to go up incrementally up, especially when you cross into the CP range materials if you're already over 160 CP on the account.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On new characters, I leave them at 1/10 and continue to do dailies on that until they have deconned enough items to 50 before investing points into it. That way its either Jute/Rawhide or Ancestral/Ruby for their crafting dailies. It seems self-punishing to go up incrementally up, especially when you cross into the CP range materials if you're already over 160 CP on the account.
    I started crafting for the first (and only) time in December, and I did it the incremental way, so I couldn't agree more with your proposed method! :)

In fact, for alchemy, I noticed this problem even more, because there are 3 consecutive 'Solvent Proficiency' levels (48, 49 and 50) where the required solvents change every level, so I leveled up from 47 to 50 between 2 daily writs to avoid this nightmare.
    Edited by vsrs_au on April 6, 2023 3:48AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to ensure you get one type of cloth from cloth nodes 100% of the time is to have an account that is within that level (aside from buying from others) and invested into said craft at said level. As Kringled-_1 the drop rate of materials while farming is split between character level and invested skills in said craft.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. Thanks for the replies. I'm on xbox console so I'm not able to manipulate the map as suggested, and I wish I had thought of or known about the tip for leaving the characters at level 1.

Makes perfect sense now but too late. Guess I'll just purchase it from Guild Traders.

Thanks anyway.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always downgrade your craftskill levels
    - the easiest way to do this is using the Armory (but keep on mind that loading the blank profile will clear your werewolf/vampire state if you ever have got a bite) -simple free reset. Armory is free. you just need any housing to deploy it.
    - using skills rededication shrine, this will cost you gold. There are four of such shrines: three in the Alliance Capitals and the fourth one (most conveniently placed) is in the Vivec City.
    PC EU
  • Tiath
    Tiath
    Soul Shriven
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    but keep on mind that loading the blank profile will clear your werewolf/vampire state if you ever have got a bite

You can avoid that by using the shrines (or scrolls) once, to reset skills and stats while keeping your curse, then save a new Armory slot with just the curse for future free respecs without needing to get bitten again.
    PS EU
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a writ that requires a specific level of material, but your character is not at the matching level, just abandon it and take a fresh one. The new writ will require material you can harvest.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    If you have a writ that requires a specific level of material, but your character is not at the matching level, just abandon it and take a fresh one. The new writ will require material you can harvest.

The writ always matches your character crafting skill level, doesn’t it?

I think OP has just run out of the proper level crafting mat to do the writ.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're collecting surveys it'll be Kreshweed 50% of the time but if you run out of the area and back without touching any of the nodes they should respawn again so you can do this til you get Kresh.

It definitely works for Alchemy anyway so don't see why it wouldn't for the others too!
    PS4 EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JARTHEGREY wrote: »
    (...) I was just wondering if anyone knew of an area that Kreshweed grew in the wild, so to speak?
    Clothing mats can be found in all the zones, despite of your char's level.
    But resource nodes do respawn faster in starter zones (Stros M'Kai and Betnikh; Khenarthi's Roost; Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen). You should try farm there for a bit.
    If you farm in Craglorn, resource nodes respawn at the "normal" speed but there you will have a chance to get nirncrux either.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...) I was just wondering if anyone knew of an area that Kreshweed grew in the wild, so to speak?
    Clothing mats can be found in all the zones, despite of your char's level.
    But resource nodes do respawn faster in starter zones (Stros M'Kai and Betnikh; Khenarthi's Roost; Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen). You should try farm there for a bit.
    If you farm in Craglorn, resource nodes respawn at the "normal" speed but there you will have a chance to get nirncrux either.

True, but if you need ore on Xbox, you should try somewhere else. I've had entire days where there was no ore available on the starters because bots were sitting on every node. The botting problem is real on Xbox NA.
    Edited by Mik195 on April 14, 2023 4:10PM
  • littlemanb16_ESO
    ghastley wrote: »

Thanks for the hint, I have the exact same problem with the Kresh Weed writ. I have erroneously destroyed one of the items I had crafted for the writ, and now I'm beyond that level and can't find Kresh Weed anymore. I'll just abandon the writ as you suggested.
  • LiesySchwarz
    Hi. One of my characters requires Kreshweed for the Daily Writs - until I can upgrade to the next level. I have a few Clothier Surveys I can do but I noticed that the Materials are spread 2 / 2 / 2 with other materials - so I only get around 2x 18 Kreshweed each Survey.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an area that Kreshweed grew in the wild, so to speak?

I have a couple of suggestions. 1st level up by deconstructing as many intricate as you can (public dungeons drop loads). 2nd as soon as available invest skill points in your hirelings (available for each crafting type, except jewellery). If you have multiple characters, you’ll soon have loads of mats. Happy gaming!
    Liesy Schwarz | PS5 | EU
    Guildmaster @ Death Express
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    If you're collecting surveys it'll be Kreshweed 50% of the time but if you run out of the area and back without touching any of the nodes they should respawn again so you can do this til you get Kresh.

It definitely works for Alchemy anyway so don't see why it wouldn't for the others too!

In my experience, the clothing, blacksmith, and woodworking surveys are always 50% your crafting level and 50% your character level.