The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Mount Speed and Stamina be maxed via Battle Spirit when inside Cyrodiil?

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

Just wanted to bring this topic into a discussion. With Arcanist approaching release many people are both excited and gloomy about its release. On one hand another class adds more variety to PvP and might freshen things up (even if it’s broken at least it won’t be a sea of DKs), but on the other hand the fact that mount speed on a new character is so slow that it makes it rather discouraging to make a new character. I believe there is a decent solution.

Implement a buff in Battle Spirit that temporarily maxes the characters Mount Speed and Stamina. Bag space will be unaffected since it is not really relevant for transportation between battles.

This will allow people to still engage with Cyrodiil without feeling like they are a detriment to the team and can actually get to the fight instead of being a full few minutes behind the rest.

Let me know what you think/suggest.
Edited by Casul on April 4, 2023 2:52PM
PvP needs more love.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. And ZOS will never do it because they want to sell riding skill tickets in crown store.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. And ZOS will never do it because they want to sell riding skill tickets in crown store.

Is there a particular reason? I feel like there is still plenty of reason for people to buy mount training for PvE, and since bag storage is unaffected there is still that aspect.

I am just trying to find a QoL option for PvP since it’s already neglected enough.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate mount training as it is, so i would greatly appreciate this lol

i only have 1 character maxed out on mount training, and no way in heck im doing that on my other characters, and also no way in heck im spending real money on riding lessons

the toon i use in pvp right now just uses ring of the wild hunt + sprint to get around fast since hes much faster than the mount lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i only have 1 character maxed out on mount training, and no way in heck im doing that on my other characters, and also no way in heck im spending real money on riding lessons

the toon i use in pvp right now just uses ring of the wild hunt + sprint to get around fast since hes much faster than the mount lol

I share the same feelings. I honestly think they should just remove the 21 hour cooldown on training. If I have the gold let me level the mount.
    PvP needs more love.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casul wrote: »

Is there a particular reason? I feel like there is still plenty of reason for people to buy mount training for PvE, and since bag storage is unaffected there is still that aspect.

I am just trying to find a QoL option for PvP since it’s already neglected enough.

I don't think it's a horrible idea or anything. And I agree PvP needs some love and tweeks for sure, but everyone starts out on the same base, so first day, create your toon with the new class and start your training, and everyone will be on the same page....unless they buy mount training tickets from the crown store. And this is why ZOS will never implement your idea, even if most players, like me, agree it's not a bad idea. That's all I'm saying. ZOS is all about their cash shop now days.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as bad as it used to be. The CP for mounts, and rapids being a passive really help just like you asked. The temporary solution is to find a pal with a dual rider mount. They plan on selling a ton of those upgrade scrolls to PvPers. I see the new shade polymorphs all over Cyrodiil, but of course PvPers don't spend money on the game according to some. It's a cash cow - almost no maintenance and people keep buying and consuming.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casul wrote: »

I share the same feelings. I honestly think they should just remove the 21 hour cooldown on training. If I have the gold let me level the mount.

definitely

honestly i wouldnt even care if they did some kind of scaling/increasing cost that is reset daily

if you really wanted to max it all out in go it would be more expensive, but you would save time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just make riding speed universal.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Riding speed was per mount somewhen and not per character I think.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Riding speed was per mount somewhen and not per character I think.

back in the early days it was BOTH per mount and per character, you had to buy the horse on each character

now the mount is account wide and you just need to do the riding skill per character
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would strongly support this. Just in Cyrodiil.
    Outside Cyrodiil, low mount speed is just an annoyance - enough of one that it would still drive sales of Riding upgrade books - but inside Cyrodiil, it is actively unfair for, particularly newer players, to get left behind, excluded from groups, and targeted by gankers just because they can't keep up with everyone else (without paying). They won't pay, they'll simply leave, and most won't come back because of the negative experience.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I bought mount riding speed from the Crown Store was for my PVP Warden because I didn't want to spend two months falling behind my guild raid.

This is quintessential "Make a problem, sell a solution" design. It almost certainly will not be changed because player QOL is not the point.