The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nothing lootable in a second dungeon right after doing a different dungeon

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
So a few times we have run dungeons consecutively and I have found that after looting most everything in the first dungeon, nothing is lootable for me in the second dungeon. Is this just my imagination .. or is there some timeout I am unaware of?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 2, 2023 6:49PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Boss Timer that can affect drops. You should get normal mob loot though. If the timer is in place, it is about 5 minutes.

I know i have done back to back group dungeons in the past and have gotten loot. I would not characterize those as speed runs.

You could try disbanding and reforming the group.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Urns and crates and such tend to do that, it’s like that everywhere.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have soloed two dungeons back-to-back a few times this week for the weekly endeavor, and there were plenty of lootable containers in both dungeons. Of course, since I was soloing both dungeons, and I like to take my time to kill every mob and boss and loot every lootable container, plus my DPS is middling-to-below-middling, I probably don't run as much of a risk of running afoul of a cooldown period.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depending on what your doing

group dungeons have no cooldown on loot, you just have to reset the instance

overland/delves/public dungeons boss loot has a 3 min cooldown, if you kill a boss within this timer then you only receive normal mob loot (likely just gold or a common weapon, but no set gear)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014