Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Another Gamepad Combat Bug - Sprint + LB Registers No Input (Input Overlay Video)

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Here is another combat bug related to controller specifically, which is very similar in nature to the previous combat bug I reported regarding pressing jump and LB or RB at the same time.

If you press sprint + LB at the same time, it will register no input at all. When pressing sprint + any other ability button, it casts the ability without issue. So sprint + B, sprint + X, sprint + Y, and sprint + RB all work fine, but sprint + LB does not work at all.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue with an input overlay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHBhShPol38
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Kevin , do you know if this bug will be fixed in the April 10th patch? It is one of several new issues with gamepad I've come across since reporting the previous two that are due to be fixed next week.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This probably explains why my bumper skills have not been going off in vSS HM portals. RIP Rune Focus and Vigor. Throw in the problem where bash doesn’t work reliably in a mechanic that cannot be missed, and that’s a recipe for wiping the group on repeat.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    This probably explains why my bumper skills have not been going off in vSS HM portals. RIP Rune Focus and Vigor. Throw in the problem where bash doesn’t work reliably in a mechanic that cannot be missed, and that’s a recipe for wiping the group on repeat.

Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of button-combination actions are bugged somehow on gamepad. It really is tragic to see, I don't understand how they could colossally break the core combat system like this and not immediately address it.

We're supposedly getting a fix next week for some of the issues, but after the timeline with the block bug last patch, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »

Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of button-combination actions are bugged somehow on gamepad. It really is tragic to see, I don't understand how they could colossally break the core combat system like this and not immediately address it.

We're supposedly getting a fix next week for some of the issues, but after the timeline with the block bug last patch, I'll believe it when I see it.

I know better to suggest it’s intentional, and I don’t think it is, but it really feels like the game is gaslighting me.

Thanks for testing these things so I know it’s not me losing my mind.
  • KattyJaxx
    KattyJaxx
    ✭✭
    Yes! I have been unable to use any of my xbox one controllers because of this. Everything has been fine until last week. 🤷‍♀️
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update from the devs whether they'll be addressing this issue too in the upcoming gamepad fix, please @ZOS_Kevin?
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Same on PC EU with keyboard.
    I was in a dungeon and my Sprint was broken.
    PC | EU