Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

MO 2 copied dragon from ESO

POMEH
POMEH
✭✭✭
I suppose that Mortal Online 2 copied dragon from ESO. Does Zenimax know that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqnnJ4KqAeo
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 31, 2023 4:09PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I mean, dragons are massive, angry lizards with wings. There's only a couple of looks. They also look a bit like the GoT dragons, because they're also massive, angry lizards with wings.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google “wyvern”
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even the music sounds Elder Scroll-y if you took out the name of the game and showed me this I would have said it was ES related
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO's horses, wolves and bears also bare a suspicious resemblance to those in other games...

Dragons are dragons. There's a distinct difference between asian and western ones, but that's about it.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso's ones are far from original also, same as Skyrim prototype. Not even taking in consideration that Mortal ones are pretty different from eso's more cartoony look.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder scrolls dragons tend to have a few things alike between most of them (triangle end of tail, large flat triangular plates on neck/belly, etc.)… this does not look like an elder scrolls dragon. That’s just a dragon.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    ESO's horses, wolves and bears also bare a suspicious resemblance to those in other games...

Dragons are dragons. There's a distinct difference between asian and western ones, but that's about it.

Wolves and bears, yes, but horses... ESO horses are (in)famous for their uniquely deformed hind legs.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks more like they copied Game of Thrones, which built on Dragonheart, which built on dragons in other movies and from cultural legends more generally, and the western fantasy depiction built on Tolkien and other writers, and Tolkien stole essentially his entire central plot device from Wagner, and Wagner...
    Edited by Northwold on March 31, 2023 12:23PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... have you seen dragons in ESO?

ON-creature-Dragon.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are they supported to make a dragon look like? A pokemon?
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    It looks more like they copied Game of Thrones, which built on Dragonheart, which built on dragons in other movies and from cultural legends more generally, and the western fantasy depiction built on Tolkien and other writers, and Tolkien stole essentially his entire central plot device from Wagner, and Wagner...

Actually, the ones from ESO and GoT have two legs/two wings. The one from Dragonheart has four legs/two wings. 😉
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    that sure is a dragon. are you claiming every game with dragons released after 2019 stole dragons from eso?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

With this thread being more meant to discuss another game's features, we're going to go ahead and close it down. For further posts, we ask that you keep things more ESO related.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.