Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Topknot Cascade Hairstyle is Extremely Buggy

Kashya_Vulano
Kashya_Vulano
✭✭✭
The new hairstyle is mostly fine on males, but aside from being extremely wide on females since it apparently welds itself to the furthest part of the shoulder, it also looks terrible on female orcs and doesn't play nice with some personalities, like the duchess personality. This issue seems to be directly linked with ear rotation on your character. Feel free to drop pictures if you have any, I know a lot of people have been dealing with this issue.

image.png
image.png

• Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait till you see what they did to the argonians.

xl4uvoyux00z.png
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing this, @Kashya_Vulano. We send this to our team and they are putting in a bug for this now.
    The new hairstyle is mostly fine on males, but aside from being extremely wide on females since it apparently welds itself to the furthest part of the shoulder, it also looks terrible on female orcs and doesn't play nice with some personalities, like the duchess personality. This issue seems to be directly linked with ear rotation on your character. Feel free to drop pictures if you have any, I know a lot of people have been dealing with this issue.

image.png
    image.png
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that horn on argonians is so unfortunate!
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to this hair style, shame it looks like a mop glued to your characters head.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The side braid is janky - and it clips really badly with the new witch costume (and I suspect any costume with bigger shoulders). I hope it does get fixed because it's one of the nicer new hairstyles we've gotten in a long time.

lpEUVez.jpg
    DbLP8Kj.jpg

• NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The update sadly didn't fix the hair. Instead of the weirdly bend braids, we got holes now.
    Along the neck, right around the ears and across the hairline aswell. They are only visible from the front, not from the backside. But what appears in the front, makes me wish for the bend braids to come back instead, I'm sorry.

@ZOS_Kevin Could you please send this to your team and ask them to have a look at it again.

Bild-2023-06-17-112042909.png
    Edited by NoticeMeArkay on June 17, 2023 9:43AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gives a whole new perspective on "airhead"
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks fine on a kahjiit though.
    I cant upload images to the forums so here is a link to it

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YPZabWTUSA4HXFmp7
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno , I hope I'm not bothering you but I was hoping to learn anything about wether or not there is any word about a 'second fix' in regards of the Topknot Cascade hairstyle? The visible holes in the texture left and the odd placement on female orcs are results of the last patch for it. I don't want to open up a second thread after this one gets archived for being inactive too long, so I figured I might ask you.

I bought it when the bend braids were clearly visible in the preview and and still spend my seals on it because it didn't seem too much of an issue to me. But the holes just hit different.
    And the illusion of a bigger forehead created by the placement of the hairline didn't look that present before, at least in my memory. If that's just a my mind playing tricks on me, disregard my thoughts please. But I've put the brand new hairstyle from the current crates next to it for comparison.

Thanks in advance!

Topknot-Cascade-Swiss-Cheese4-1.png