The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bal Sunnar totem puzzle bug

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
We did a Bal Sunnar (normal) run and found a strange bug. I was solving the puzzle but two of my group members told me I was doing it wrong. But even when I had solved the puzzle and the cages opened for all of us, they told me that they couldn't understand why the puzzle was solved. It appeared that what I saw on the puzzle totem was different from what they saw.

This is what I saw:
eflddaboard4.jpeg

This is what they saw:
r83ifrc1ft3u.jpeg

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats really bizarre, and based on the screenshots im assuming this is on console, i cant recall this happening on PC, but its also really hard to tell too since it would require the other people to chime in lol, im sure most are just fine with it being completed lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is on PS-EU. I first thought it might be a PS4 vs PS5 player issue as I was on PS5 and the person from the other screenshot on PS4, but another PS5 player also didn't see the same as I did.
  • yoo_mr_white
    yoo_mr_white
    ✭✭
    This happened to me on Xbox as well. I actually have it on stream here : https://www.twitch.tv/uncle_i_row/v/1779639674?sr=a&t=199s

My group saw it solved but I didn't see the last totem turn.

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered a similar bug where someone can't see the totem's symbols changing when using the steering wheels. i.e. Press Use on the wheels but the totem doesn't appear to change for the affected person. This has happened to myself during one run, and then it happened to a group member on the very next run. No idea what causes it or how often it actually happens.

Edit: Forgot to add PC/NA
    Edited by N00BxV1 on March 31, 2023 4:52AM
  • yoo_mr_white
    yoo_mr_white
    ✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    I've encountered a similar bug where someone can't see the totem's symbols changing when using the steering wheels. i.e. Press Use on the wheels but the totem doesn't appear to change for the affected person. This has happened to myself during one run, and then it happened to a group member on the very next run. No idea what causes it or how often it actually happens.

Edit: Forgot to add PC/NA

This is exactly what happened to me in the clip above
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No wonder that puzzle makes no sense to me. Looks wrong 2 out 4 times been in a group that done it.
  • stewg73
    stewg73
    ✭✭
    ZOS any news on this bug? It's still in play.

When I did the dungeon last night, the totems and wheels don't turn at all. Each of the three totems and the main one remain exactly the same no matter how many times I turn whichever wheel. When the wheels are turned there is a sound effect and an animation takes place on the main totem where "dust" briefly emanates from vaguely around one or more of the totems 4 components but it's impossible to tell exactly which ones as they don't move.

So it's just complete random turning of wheels. The blue outlines appear on the appropriate totems components when you happen to fluke part of the solution but it's impossible to tell which wheels turn which components of the main totem.

Very frustrating.