Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Refill Enchanted Weapons

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
How do I refill enchanted weapons? I go to stores and there is no option to repair. I can repair the weapon at a smith but it doesn't refill the enchantment. I have some petty soul gems I found but nothing seems to work.
  • Empty_Emotions
    If I remember correctly you just right-click on the item and choose to Charge the item. However, you will need a soul gem.

The soul gems must be "full". When it is an empty soul gem the color of the gem will be white. You can fill these gems using Soul Trap on creatures and killing them before the effect expires.

Hope this helps!
    Options
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    you buy soul gems from "Mystic" vendors which are found in the larger cities. It's best to buy them empty (21g) ..then fill them as the previous poster noted.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Note also that the gem must be of the appropriate level, as well. If the weapon is under level 10, you need a petty soul gem, 10-19, a minor soul gem, etc, up to if the item is level 50 or VR, you need a grand soul gem.
    Options
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow
    Soul Shriven
    Seravi wrote: »
    How do I refill enchanted weapons? I go to stores and there is no option to repair. I can repair the weapon at a smith but it doesn't refill the enchantment. I have some petty soul gems I found but nothing seems to work.

You really need to start reading the helpful and convenient books just sitting around near craft stations my friend, They ARE there for a reason

"You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!" - Sheogorath
    Options
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Stormcrow wrote: »
    Seravi wrote: »

You really need to start reading the helpful and convenient books just sitting around near craft stations my friend, They ARE there for a reason
    Or... you could just ask on the forums. He got exactly what he needed, and pretty fast. It seems to work.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have read the books but it wasn't working no matter what I tried. That is why I asked here in case there was some type of bug. Thanks for the replies.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience, the forums are a lot faster at getting a useful answer than the books. And you can't ask the books followup questions.

IMO the books are there as a backup and for window dressing. The forums are easier and more useful.
    Options
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    tallenn wrote: »
    Note also that the gem must be of the appropriate level, as well. If the weapon is under level 10, you need a petty soul gem, 10-19, a minor soul gem, etc, up to if the item is level 50 or VR, you need a grand soul gem.

Not quite --you can, for example, use petty soul gems on higher level weapons. They just won't charge the weapon completely.
    Options
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow
    Soul Shriven
    In my experience, the forums are a lot faster at getting a useful answer than the books. And you can't ask the books followup questions.

IMO the books are there as a backup and for window dressing. The forums are easier and more useful.

That's your opinion, I found everything I needed to learn from the books. It worked for me, it's often people rushing or laziness which means they don't want to take the time to read the wonderfully written literature in the game.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!" - Sheogorath
    Options
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »
    you buy soul gems from "Mystic" vendors which are found in the larger cities. It's best to buy them empty (21g) ..then fill them as the previous poster noted.

This is true, but if you just pop into the solo delves and take out the boss every once in a while as you level up, you should have plenty of soul gems.

Options
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    I usually just buy a glyph from a vendor. It might be cheaper to buy empty soul gems and fill them, but it's not much of a difference even at VR12. about 250 for a glyph.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow talk about bringing a thread out of the trash pile. :) I had some bug then that wouldn't let me charge my weapons even with filled soul gems. Glad that bug is gone.

I've always been able to find plenty of gems so no need for me to purchase them. I think I might have around 120 Grand Soul Gems filled right now and around 100 each of all other levels of soul gems. I don't use them often as I try to stay alive and usually by the time my enchant is gone I am ready to make a new weapon anyway.
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even more than that, if your question relates to a bug, you are SOL looking anywhere else than one of the forums. Here you find things like workarounds that you won't see anywhere else.

Really, there's no earthly reason to criticize people who ask questions in the forums... and that goes double for this one, which is here for exactly that purpose: to answer people's questions.
    Options
  • oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    When filling a soul gem, does it matter what level the poor departed soul is? Does it take a higher level soul to fill a higher level gem?
    Options
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul gems come in tiers; you can only fill a gem by killing a mob within the level range for that tier. For an instance, Greater Soul Gem (40-49) will take a soul from levels 40-49. A level 39 or lower soul won't work, neither will a level 50/vet rank soul.

If you're in Cyrodiil, the only soul gem that will work is the Grand Soul Gem, which is the level 50 gem. Because of the stats boost, you are temporarily level 50 and need the Grands. All the Mobs use Grands as well.

You also need to use either an ability or one of the passives from the "World" skill line to initiate the capture (i.e., use Soul Trap and kill the mob before the Soul Trap expires).

If you go to one of the "Mystic" vendors, he/she will have a range of soul gems, filled and unfilled, that you can purchase. Careful, the filled ones are much more expensive. You can also view the tiers and their level ranges using the tooltips while browsing the store. Naturally you can get gems from drops, too.

Hope that helps!
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another way to recharge an Enchanted Item is to just apply another Glyph to it. As long as the item is not locked (it will say this Enchantment can't be replaced) then you can redo the enchantment, or add a different one to it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options