Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO's Developers Share Their Love Of Morrowind's Style, People, and Beasties

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
cjhq6veasx83.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "ESO's Developers Share Their Love Of Morrowind's Style, People, and Beasties"

"The ESO development and community teams return in the second of two videos to talk about Morrowind’s charmingly bizarre inhabitants."

For Part One, you can view that video here.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 21, 2023 2:50PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool video, I've always loved TES Morrowind. Must have played it for years and years, and loved it being added to ESO. Even though TES Oblivion and TES Skyrim were good and fun games, to me it felt like they were lacking something. Morrowind was just so rich with backstory for monsters, inhabitants, culture, traditions, religion, and politics. Which did not make it feel like a game, but more like an actual full fledged world. Which I was glad you guys were mostly able to replicate in ESO: Morrowind.

Making such rich and full fledged worlds, is something I hope we get much more of in future expansions/DLC's. One way to do that is to create zones which leave tamriel. Blackreach is one of those recent zones in ESO which comes to mind, as also being a rich and very different environment. But more of those zones would be maybe sheogoraths realm, or have vivec/almalexia take us somewhere otherworldly. Maybe somewhere we have never seen before.

Can't wait for Necrom!!
    Edited by Sarannah on March 18, 2023 4:20PM
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    I remember, when Skyrim came out, how I was reading the books about other Provinces, islands, jungles, cities... to be honest, back then Everyone was dreaming about being able to visit other areas, cultures, and many modders tried to do that too.

So I will be always grateful, for adding these wonderful places and paying such attention to them 🌟 🙏
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, Morrowind kinda seems like it is being treated like a "break glass in case of emergency" nostalgia thing.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, you guys always nail it with the art styles. Morrowind really is the creative crown jewel of the TES series, happy to see it brought to life more in ESO. Hopefully the stories are up to par too!