The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Management?

Adhamh
Adhamh
✭✭
Hey all! As most of you have probably noticed, there are a plethora of side-quests available. While I like the immense amount of content and gameplay experience that offers, it can get pretty overwhelming when you don't know which quests to tackle first and when you think you've been doing a quest for the Main story, but in reality you were just simply helping someone find their dog. Does anyone have any tips in how to become more efficient when questing?

Thanks in advance!
IGN: Adhamh
Race: Nord
Class: Dragonknight
Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open up the quest journal, using 'j'.
    The real main quest quests will be related to molag bal and the priest. They are displayed under 'Main Story' in the quest journal.
    General area quests will be displayed under a tab in the quest journal (for instance a generic quest in glenumbra will be under the tab 'Glenumbra'.) Same for Cyrodil quests - PvP quests.

-If you're having trouble figuring out what quest to do next, I suggest doing the lowest level quest first. It's always best to tackle low level quests first so you don't outlevel the area and find yourself with grey quests (which award no exp) and a lack of higher level quests, since you've already completed them all early.
    Edited by Inversus on March 31, 2014 6:16PM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Adhamh
    Adhamh
    ✭✭
    Yes, I realized this after a day of running around yesterday haha. I meant more along the lines though of whether it's better to grab a bunch of quests at once or grab one at a time and complete them one at a time and things like that.

I appreciate the quick response, though. =)
  • tibersep
    tibersep
    Adhamh wrote: »
    Yes, I realized this after a day of running around yesterday haha. I meant more along the lines though of whether it's better to grab a bunch of quests at once or grab one at a time and complete them one at a time and things like that.

I appreciate the quick response, though. =)

get a bunch and do them area by area as you go around the world ... saves a lot of pointless running back and forth
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would grab all the quests in one area (for example, a village), and complete those.
    Then when you have completed that area, move onto the next area.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go explore and forget about the 'shopping list of quests' mentality. There is not such a thing as pointless running in this game:it's TES, not WoW
  • Adhamh
    Adhamh
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone! All of it is really good advice.

@mutharex My years of playing MMOs has given me that "shopping list" mentality. Honestly, that solution sounds very appealing. I might give it a go. =)