The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Sharing

DcellDave_1369
Nearly every time I seek help with a world boss I get the "Share quest" response. Well, like DUH. I have absolutely ZERO problem sharing the quest; after all, YOU are helping me. Why would I have an issue? BUT, why must I go into one menu to invite a player to my group, then into another menu (then sub-menu) to share the quest?
It seems to me that if I'm inviting someone to "my group" to help me complete a quest, then sharing that quest should be automatic. I can't be the only person that thinks this, but if there's a logical reason it is NOT "auto-shared", I'd like to hear it.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 13, 2023 6:17PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game doesn't necessarily know if you have more than 1 quest which one you are grouping up for to share, and I really wouldn't want to be spammed with 20 odd quests that you may have sat in your journal.

Also not everyone is grouping for quest reasons in the game
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • DcellDave_1369
    fizl101 wrote: »
    The game doesn't necessarily know if you have more than 1 quest which one you are grouping up for to share, and I really wouldn't want to be spammed with 20 odd quests that you may have sat in your journal.

Also not everyone is grouping for quest reasons in the game

I get your point, but if you're grouping up, why not share all applicable quests? Been a VERY casual, mostly solo player for a long time and only recently started with the sharing thing. Quests would remain in the "inviter's" queue and only populate in the "invitee's" upon completion. Any incomplete "quests" would only remain with the "inviter". I'm not a programmer - repair tech - but I used to know a few. "If you can think it up, we can program it in", as they used to tell me.
    Mostly folks join, complete the task then go on their merry way. No harm, no foul, thanks for the share & I'll see ya later. It seems to me nobody is losing out due to sharing, but if I'm wrong please enlighten me.
  • DcellDave_1369
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

NP. I didn't scroll down far enough to see the "Quests & Exploration" option. Still learning the whole "forum" thing.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quests dont stay with the inviter though, they go into the invitees journal. Not everyone wants quests for things they dont intend to do clogging up their journal. Maybe you do cyrodiil dailies and the other person doesnt for example and they are just helping out with a world boss
    Soupy twist
  • DcellDave_1369
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Quests dont stay with the inviter though, they go into the invitees journal. Not everyone wants quests for things they dont intend to do clogging up their journal. Maybe you do cyrodiil dailies and the other person doesnt for example and they are just helping out with a world boss

That's the part I understand, you don't want to join someone who's going to fill up your quest queue. How hard would it be for a programmer to fix it as I said:
    Quests stay in the queue of the "inviter".
    Quests ONLY populate into the "joiner" queue when completed.
    If you don't stick around you don't get any unwanted quests, but the ones you get are quests you helped complete.
    It seems fairly straight forward to me, but I am far from an expert.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the manual share is fine lol

if i see someone in zone asking for help with a boss, i just go help kill it, i dont always want to be bothered doing the extra steps necessary for the quest (nor do i even really care about the reward much, if i cared about the rewards i would have grabbed a daily quest myself or asked for a share before killing the boss lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DcellDave_1369

if i see someone in zone asking for help with a boss, i just go help kill it, i dont always want to be bothered doing the extra steps necessary for the quest (nor do i even really care about the reward much, if i cared about the rewards i would have grabbed a daily quest myself or asked for a share before killing the boss lol)

I'm with you on killing the boss. I don't need them to bribe me to do it. If I'm nearby I'll help. But many won't help without "compensation". If it was automatic (when joined in the group) it would no longer be an issue.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you on killing the boss. I don't need them to bribe me to do it. If I'm nearby I'll help. But many won't help without "compensation". If it was automatic (when joined in the group) it would no longer be an issue.

I'm also of the "just go help" camp; I don't need to be invited to a group or offered a share of the quest. But auto-share does seem like a nice idea, as long as it were something you could toggle on or off in your settings-- perhaps with another setting for auto-declining the share-- and also as long as it were only for the inviter's currently-active quest.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    if i start getting spammed with quests when i'm grouping for a wb i'll answer way less zone chat callouts. the current system is a little clunky but the fancier and more complicated they make this game's systems the more chances for something important and seemingly unrelated to break. zero trust that zos is capable of making changes without making it worse.