Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[QoL suggestion] How to make Pledge Quests less tedious?

TheDarkRuler
TheDarkRuler
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to suggest a change in the way ESO handles Pledges or at least adding an alternative for it.

Right now you have to pick up and turn in Pledges at the three Alliance Headquarters. But what if there was an alternative?
How about making the Quest Giver (or some kind of "Undaunted Emissary") stand in the respective dungeon's entrance area where you can fetch the Pledges if that dungeon is the current active one. E.g. if Falkreath Hold is active, Urgalag and her entourage will wait in the Falkreath forest and give you the quest. This will also make it less likely to miss out keys if you Random queue into a Pledge dungeon.

What do you think of it?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 12, 2023 4:35PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But then how would you know which dungeon to go to?
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

Indeed.

Also it would dilute a player Hub (the enclave) and Designers want players to gather in areas to make them experience a populated world.

It's why our personal merchant, bank, and ragpicker only offer limied services.

Raising ideas and discussing them is always good though.
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    There is discord bot that lets you know what pledges are each day and what tomorrow pledges will be. Many eso discords have them. Also they go on cycle.
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭

I may be misreading, but I thought the idea of the OP was suggested as alternative option, not replacement. So you would still be able to talk to the NPCs in the enclave for directions if you wanted.

That take of course does not resolve the Deter1UK's point about lessening the need to go to the relevant "hubs"
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trejgon wrote: »

I may be misreading, but I thought the idea of the OP was suggested as alternative option, not replacement. So you would still be able to talk to the NPCs in the enclave for directions if you wanted.

That take of course does not resolve the Deter1UK's point about lessening the need to go to the relevant "hubs"

I have to admit to feeling a bit of Isobel's geeky excitement in going to a busy Undaunted enclave. It's the closest thing ESO has to a bar/pub.

Also, it's like 10 steps from a wayshrine, not the biggest deal to travel there.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said to remove the 1st option, just to add the secondary option as well. :dizzy:
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have two other fixes. One would be to a similar issue, but just having a pop up at the start of the dungeon like you do when quest is shared to get it as a pledge. Or at least make actual sharing an option.

The second one is about base game dungeons having requirement to kill multiple bosses, just remake it to be the end boss alone so less people feel bad for porting in to already half way through encounter that they won't get any benefit from.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. Then you'd get people who wanted to run past and skip every boss on the way to the end. This is bad enough already and should not be encouraged.