Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sadrith Mora spore steed

Hermaeus_Mora
Hermaeus_Mora
✭✭✭
the horse looks different in the character menu

9ntn6mu2ymqv.png
fncyv6xfvrw7.jpg

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the change the mount upgrade appearance?

I don’t use this mount enough to be able to tell.
  • Hermaeus_Mora
    Hermaeus_Mora
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Is the change the mount upgrade appearance?

I don’t use this mount enough to be able to tell.

maybe it depends on the pumping characteristics of the mount
    I didn't know that the mount in the character menu is in stock form :)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a side note....

Everytime I see that mount and the associated pet, I am once again awed by how utterly ridiculous I think it looks.

The only place I could think I would ever use it would be on a spit over a large fire BUT would I be cooking mushrooms or pancakes?? 😂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the Cookie Crisp mount

assets.brandplatform.generalmills.com%2F-%2Fmedia%2Fproject%2Fgmi%2Fcorporate%2Fcorporate-us%2F23559_ckiecrispblmac_0949.jpeg%3Fw%3D5326%26rev%3D5210ecb43ea641f6aea5f16ba325598e%201500w
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it better when it was invisible ;)
    So much more amusing and fun.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a side note: I would pre-order the deluxe edition today if that Servitor mount was unlocked immediately...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered Necrom despite the ugly spore steed that looks just like the thing from Dread Sail Reef… :unamused: I wish the pre-order mount had been a guar or nix-ox. Oh well, the other pre-order and deluxe items look cool! :relaxed:
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like hip flaps on the horses face.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cordyceps fungus infected a Horse.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome, now if they could just add more plates to cover the rest of it that would be wonderful :s
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike this art style for the Spore Steed to the degree that I'm putting off my usual pre-purchase of this chapter.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mount you see at character selection is the basic version. The mask on its face comes from the Stamina upgrade, and can be toggled off by going to menu>settings>gameplay>toggle hide mount Stamina upgrade to "on".

As a side note, I constantly find myself wondering what the heck ZOS was thinking when they made this thing. I feel like I'm riding a sentient mutant assemblage of meat patties that have been over cooked by disgruntled fast food employees and given life via their spite.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on March 11, 2023 9:53AM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    /snip

As a side note, I constantly find myself wondering what the heck ZOS was thinking when they made this thing. I feel like I'm riding a sentient mutant assemblage of meat patties that have been over cooked by disgruntled fast food employees and given life via their spite.

I hade to read this twice before I realised you wrote "spite" and not "spit".
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    I really dislike this art style for the Spore Steed to the degree that I'm putting off my usual pre-purchase of this chapter.

Agreed.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My word, it looks absolutely awful.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, those are supposed to be mushrooms? I assumed it was some sort of goofy cookie cosplay.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate to say it. Because there's an art person back there somewhere....

But those are truly truly awfully abhorent. So I'm not preordering. Sure, they'd just sit in my mounts pane.... but - sorry. Don't want them, can't unsee them.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gather and cook with wild mushrooms and no variety I know, edible or not, looks quite like the ones attached to that mount. Closest one is this anonymous installation I spotted while trekking at Luomusjärvi trail.
    4w9b6dk7cigz.jpg
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't going to buy this chapter anyways, but if I was I wouldn't buy the pre-purchase as you cannot delete things from collections and I wouldn't have that "spore thing" in my inventory.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This mount reminds me of Lady Gaga’s meat dress!
  • Arafyn
    Arafyn
    ✭✭
    This mount reminds me of Lady Gaga’s meat dress!

This says it all
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one ugly mount