Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unearthing the past quest

eliteman19
Okay so myself and a few others are stuck on the unearthing the past quest on the part where youre supposed to kill the cultists and collect motes the issue is weve been doing this for an hour and no motes weve even tried re-logging but nothing is working.... any tips?
  • MightyK
    MightyK
    ✭✭
    I somehow got 3/6 but none since...
  • eliteman19
    MightyK wrote: »
    I somehow got 3/6 but none since...

how did you get them we cant even figure out how to get one

• dumbo
    dumbo
    The cultists drop glowy orbs that float around, those are the motes - you need to click on those and loot them.

Separately, AFAIR, some mobs in that area (I can't remember if it was the cultists) can drop motes in their inventory when killed.
  • eliteman19
    dumbo wrote: »
    The cultists drop glowy orbs that float around, those are the motes - you need to click on those and loot them.

Separately, AFAIR, some mobs in that area (I can't remember if it was the cultists) can drop motes in their inventory when killed.
    okay but still ive been killing cultists for an hour now and still no drops at all
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to target the orbs and use E
  • eliteman19
    mutharex wrote: »

I still havent seen a since orb how do i get them to spawn??

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliteman19 wrote: »

From beta memory, you kill cultists that are at summon circles and they release these motes.
  • eliteman19
    eliteman19 wrote: »

From beta memory, you kill cultists that are at summon circles and they release these motes.

huh from the last hour of killing cultists I can say it doesnt work for me atleast
  • Underthing
    Underthing
    ✭✭
    I saw the motes in beta, but they aren't spawning anymore when you kill the cultists in the circle things.
  • eliteman19
    Underthing wrote: »
    I saw the motes in beta, but they aren't spawning anymore when you kill the cultists in the circle things.
    yeah theyve stopped spawning now i think its broken

• Staal
    Staal
    ✭✭
    The quest seems bugged atm, was working earlier but not now.
  • Daggrim
    Daggrim
    First night I tried what everyone was saying. Wear diguise, wait for necromancer to spawn in circle and don't kill him. Never worked because people ran by and killed them. Frutstrating! Last night found a spot where they spawned with their own circle, (not existing) and killed them (both necro and cultists) and they dropped 2 motes everytime. Done in 10 minutes.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    *appears*
    *closes because the thread is more than two years old and old threads shouldn't be revived*
    *leaves*
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.