The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Too Many Bugs

DIddy
DIddy
My problem which is stopping me enjoying the game is the amount of bugged quests. I thought the whole idea of ESO was to do quests which lead to finding other quests, how is that possible when you cannot complete the original quest your one, If there would have been an Open Beta for a few months there would have been alot less of these issues, ive played through a few closed beta's and yet the bugs still remain from them, please get your act together and fixes these problems ASAP!!!
Edited by DIddy on March 31, 2014 4:20PM
  • Waylon
    Waylon
    May I ask what quests are bugged and how, that is a very broad statement you made. I'm currently level six and I haven't encountered any at all. It just doesn't seem to be very helpful to the player or to the programmers.
  • Celdryn
    Celdryn
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed,

You will need to be more specific. I did over 70 quests yesterday (3.30.14) and ran into ONE quest that I submitted a bug report for. Make sure you're understanding the mechanics and reading the journal entries you have for each quest. May just be like me and rushing through some of them

Deathrow Inc.
    Talloth Delong: Breton -Sorcerer-Tank
    "For King and Covenant!"
  • DIddy
    DIddy
    Well i had two problems with quests in Betnikh one i had to relog 5 times to do which was the on that you have to duel some guys, and the other one is Unearthing the past. i read up on several guides and spent nearly 45 mins getting one of the quest items. imo thats terrible.
    Edited by DIddy on March 31, 2014 5:42PM
  • Malkavianqueen
    Malkavianqueen
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of these bugs are because of overpopulation. Logging out and logging in again and hoping you get into a different instance can help sometimes! I really wish they would let you CHOOSE the phase you were in. I think this would really help.
  • eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I also ran into both of those bugged quests. Necromancers either not spawning or respawning WAY too slowly for the population. Therefore no motes in an hour of hunting.

The seadogs duels for prove your worth were also bugged for me.
  • Drwaddy
    Drwaddy
    Mastering the Talisman and Crosswych Reclaimed are two of the quests in a long line that I've found to be completely bugged out.

While that's a small percentage, it can be very annoying to be completely blocked on something, especially with no since of when they might get fixed.

My major beef so far has been that the quests do not level you fast enough, you actually become under leveled as you progress. Which would be fine if PVP still offered a decent amount of exp like it did in beta, now it's abysmal. I would also grind mobs, but 200 mobs a level is pretty obscene...

So far my taste has been soured, but I'm still keeping my hope alive.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive found no bugged quests at all in the 3 factions thus far.
  • highpriestess
    the prophet in the prison cell is still bugged
  • Kiristo
    Kiristo
    The Death of Balreth was bugged for me on my Dragonknight, I relogged several times and finally his spirit showed up after I killed him. Then the exit portal wouldn't appear after talking to the NPC after containing Balreth's soul....but skipping talking to the NPC and exiting through the original exit worked and still gave me credit for that part after relogging. I have killed Balreth about 10-15 times yesterday and today on my Templar and his spirit never shows up. Have submitted it twice as a bug on my Templar and once on the Dragonknight. I really wish I could save the 30 days that you get with the game for later when it's more stable as I'm not in any huge rush to play it and would rather get an actual 30 days worth.

*17th time was the charm I guess...though same issue where there is no exit portal after containing his spirit.
    Edited by Kiristo on March 31, 2014 11:25PM
  • Varanid
    Varanid
    Soul Shriven
    Bugged Quests Stonefields Zone:
    Death of Balreth,
    Brothers of Strife,
    Crows Woods entrance not spawning,

someone should lose their job.
  • dr4some
    dr4some
    my bugged quests are at frost's edge
    hozzin's folly
    the missing of bleakrock
    tracking the game
    underfoot
    restoring the guardians
  • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    Get a grip gentlemen a few bugs on the launch of a new mmo are annoying but not a reason to run around proclaiming the sky is falling. As mmo launches go this has been ridiculously smooth, no server crashes or crazy lag and few bugged quests.

I personally have had one bugged quest (In the name of the queen) which resolved itself once the population in the zone lowered a bit.

As game releases go this has been pretty stellar.
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • Inncea
    Inncea
    Soul Shriven
    Agree with Montgomery. This has (so far for me) been one of the better launches of a mmo when it comes to bugs. I've only encountered Crows Wood and Balreth in Stonefalls. Two bugs in 3(4) zones is an amazing job tbh.
  • korchak
    korchak
    Yes a lot of the comments here are quite immature. If your having problems with a quest, simply do some harvesting and or crafting. Move to something else for a while. You can always come back to the quest later. Show some patience for gods sake.
  • jackalpup83b14_ESO
    for me this game has had the worst launch i have ever seen. i'm not mad though, i still love my ESO!

every anchor i have come across has been bugged so far. 7 total in all factions. there have been anchors down but nothing there. i have yet to play one because they have all been broken!

Proving Your Worth, i could dual one guy but all the rest were yellow and i couldn't dual them. i relogged. didn't work. dropped the quest. didn't work. came back later. didn't work. i had to luckily find someone else dueling them and toss a couple hits in there before they died to get it done.

i forget the name of the quest, the one with Rurelon...the part where you confront him after the moon door puzzle, for my partner he wasn't on the pedestal to confront. she never could talk to him. we tried relogging, dropping the quest and coming back the next day. he never did show up to talk to. she couldn't finish.

the quest where you do the visions of the past and listen to ghosts talk, the third one didn't work. there were always two or three people waiting for it to work but it never did. relogging a few times worked for me. the fourth relog worked.

there are random voices from NPCs that just suddenly talk. just one random line of speach from a quest NPC will just suddenly happen with no rhyme or reason to it. often. this is a bug that happens to a lot of people.

the damn horse bug where you get dismounted randomly all the time. everyone has it. it is annoying. it has happened for the last 3 betas. but not as bad as the "i can't mount my horse at all" bug!!! sometimes it will just stop working and you can't mount no matter where you try. (yes i know you have to be outside....it is a bug, it is broken) and sometimes /stuck fixes it or dying, but not always and it may happen again. i don't need to lose durability on my items to make my horse work, thank you very much!

also the overhead group member indicator bug where sometimes the indicator is missing or on another part of the map where the group member isn't. makes finding group mates difficult.

also one character can invite someone, log onto another character and sometimes that person is in your new character's group, and sometimes not. and if not, you can't invite them because they are 'already in a group' with the character you had log off. also sometimes the no group leader bug still happens.

there are many "ESO has stopped working" crashes (me and my buddies have encountered a combined number over 20 on the first day)

many errors (messages/crashes) that cause you to need to relog.

many 'stuck in loading screen' problems, usually trying to get into Cyrodiil.

these are just the main ones i have ran into personally, there are a lot of little things and smaller quest bugs or environment bugs that don't really impede progress too bad but just annoy like the inventory items not stacking correctly or how sometimes a dead mob is lootable yellow but i can't loot it. i haven't done any dungeons yet, however....

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me this game has had the worst launch i have ever seen. i'm not mad though, i still love my ESO!

Must be one of your first MMOs then the only MMO launch I have played that was better was rift.
    Edited by Laura on April 2, 2014 8:36AM
  • gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Quote "i forget the name of the quest, the one with Rurelon...the part where you confront him after the moon door puzzle, for my partner he wasn't on the pedestal to confront. she never could talk to him. we tried relogging, dropping the quest and coming back the next day. he never did show up to talk to. she couldn't finish."
    I have just done that quest and found it not really bugged but utterly annoying. You go into something like an instance and have to fight some guy and suddenly various other players also appear in the instance and everybody is fighting and you don't know if you actually finished what you had to do or the other people and then you fight the boss but everybody else does too so it takes you about four tries to fight him and that you maybe had the first hit and you can finish the quest.

Totally dumb. In an instance like that it should be a closed instance, doh....... That is just logic!!! I am speechless that this type of thing has been happening a lot and it is very frustrating. I am not as much bugged by the bugs as by the weird way the game is put together
  • jackalpup83b14_ESO
    Rift won awards for it's amazing flawless launch! :)
    Aion had a good launch....other than all the jumpers which made the bad queue times....
    GW1 and 2, Warhammer, etc....all seemed decent.

i have played pretty much every game's betas and was there for nearly every launch....they all had problems, but not like this.

i do like that ESO dev's seem to care a lot and value feedback, i am sure most or all of these bugs will be gone within the next month or so.
  • david.maxwell.downingub17_ESO
    Let's hope so, Jackalpup. Professional Game Tester here. Caught a 100% GP blocker in Ebonheart Pact, Ragebinder will not spawn. Cannot continue along Balreth quest chain. Many others had the same issue. I heard from a closed beta tester that this was noticed and logged - then not fixed. Unacceptable IMO.
  • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    Closed beta tester here, any bugs i reported where fixed. The issue seems to be the overflow server instances messing with phasing.
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • dzugarueb17_ESO
    dzugarueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This totally breaks the game for me and my partner. Doing questline for hours, having 10min fight with boss, and you can't finish it? Rage.

Encountered dozen of such bugs in betas - it seems there is a fundamental problem with quest system architecture/scripting/general workflow, which is really the shame.

• mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think the reaction to some of the broken quests would be milder if it didn't feel like you really missed out in progression because of them. Right now the only thing in Grahtwood map chat is about how Unsafe Haven is broken for everybody, and since it's the village you save when you first arrive on the mainland it feels very weird to skip it. I did, and I can play some other quests, but it sure yanks you out of the game to know you've left a quest at the very last stage of something big.

I have confidence the devs or the slowdown in players will fix these quests, but it's disheartening to know it was the same trouble in beta and still didn't get fixed. I'm trying to have a moderate response anyway.
  • jackalpup83b14_ESO
    so playing today after the patch i have encountered 2 more broken anchors. 9 total.

also a couple of my friends can't even log on anymore.

after entering a password it just gets stuck on 'logging in' for a long time then says 'login error: login timeout. try again'

we have tried so many things....including reinstalling. so they get to spend one day of the early release with server maintenance, then another 6 hours reinstalling the game because they can't log in.

also, for two of my 4 friends that can't get in, the reinstall didn't even work. if anyone knows a fix for this, that would be much appreciated, we can't find anything online other than "check your launcher and game version!" (well DUH!) frustrating. i envy you people who haven't run into many bugs or errors...but just know there are a lot of people out there that have tons of issues and you are very lucky.

paying $70 for an unplayable early access....not cool.
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    also many quests are not bugged but you are not at the correct level, happened to me a few times couldn't progress through quests had to go and grind a bit too.