The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

hirelings

eliteman19
So i was wondering do i need to have three skill points assigned to a hireling skill line for it to work or do I only need one?

And why should I increase the level of the hireling do the rewards get greater?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    1 point to have standard crafting materials once every 24 hours. 2 points to have better quality crafting materials once every 24 hours. 3 points to have better quality crafting materials TWICE every 24 hours (once every 12 hours)
  • Smoke
    Smoke
    where do you go to send them to get the stuff?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mail is sent automatically. There isn't actually a hireling you'll see in the world.
    ----
    Murray?
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Smoke wrote: »
    where do you go to send them to get the stuff?
    Automagically occurs, and you get the stuff on the 24:01 after you spend the point.

• Smoke
    Smoke
    oh ok thank you. i was wondering cause i spent my point yesterday and still got nothing still got couple hours until my 24 hour period is up
  • ManiacMcLaughton
    If you intend to do a lot of crafting, I highly recommend spending the point on this as soon as its available. It will easily pay for itself by the time you are done with that character.

I do have a question though... if you have two characters, each with a point in the miner hireling... do you get two mails?
  • eliteman19
    If you intend to do a lot of crafting, I highly recommend spending the point on this as soon as its available. It will easily pay for itself by the time you are done with that character.

I do have a question though... if you have two characters, each with a point in the miner hireling... do you get two mails?

interesting question I would like to see the answer to there.

and one other question for veterans would be how much crafting materials do you get daily with each level?

• ManiacMcLaughton
    The first level, you get a random amount of raw ore(dependant on your level), some trait gems, and typically a "upgrade" reagent of one level or another. My first one (durring beta) I got 2 dwarven oil... second I got 1 of the epic ones (above that).