The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting experience different between diferent crafts??

Tadorm
Tadorm
Im deconstructin everything from Blacksmith-Woodworking-Clothing-Enchanting and I have seen different growing rates in exp bar at same levels for Blacksmith and Enchanting growing really slowly and the other 2 much faster. Im Blacksmith and crafting and decontructing everything I reach lvl4... but only decontructing in Cloth... Im lvl6. So maybe any craft have a Beta boost or anything like that???
  • Tirocupidus
    I didn't play beta much, but blacksmithing does seem slower than it was. I have no complaints about it, just something I noticed.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstructing a glyph gives miniscule experience.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstructing anything you personally made is very little gain. Trade with a friend and break their item and you will get a lot more... or put it in your bank for an alt. You gain little inspiration from seeing how you made the item and it is intended to help trading and social aspects of the game as well as limit power leveling the skills.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • Kildar
    Kildar
    Allonan wrote: »
    Deconstructing anything you personally made is very little gain. Trade with a friend and break their item and you will get a lot more... or put it in your bank for an alt. You gain little inspiration from seeing how you made the item and it is intended to help trading and social aspects of the game as well as limit power leveling the skills.

i never thought of that. thank you. though i find that some craftings yeild little xp. my enchanting will not go up fast enough due to lack of resources compounded with low xp from what little crafting i can do.
  • Tadorm
    Tadorm
    Thank you for the info, didn't think on trading crafted items between other crafter.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    I'm deconstructing everything I find basically... And I noticed what OP noticed - Blacksmithing goes at half the rate of Woodworking and Clothing. It's Blacksmithing I do most of, I only deconstruct drops for WW/CL, and yet... They
    're two levels higher. It's annoying, since I use Heavy Armor and want to focus on Blacksmithing. :P
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same feeling. Did not go as far as to write down the numbers and check the difference, but I do struggle more with metalsmithing as compared to clothes and wood items. I was levelling all 3 professions in parallel on the same character and trying to reach level 8 when research of two traits simultaneously becomes available. From normal gameplay I saw that clothing and woodworking were almost at lvl8 while blacksmithing barely reached lvl

What I did was: I made a few small alts of different races and crafted a lot of iron daggers using the racial stones stored in the bank. Then my main character deconstructed all those daggers (they count as if they were made by other person... well, different alt is a different virtual person, isn't he?) and reached lvl8 as well. After that I became more relaxed and metalsmithing is again hanging behind.
  • kirrasha
    kirrasha
    ✭✭
    Can only agree, that it really do seem slower, specially from level 8 and up...
    The only reason I'm level 12 atm, is 3 levels from bookshelves and a ton of deconstruction from dungeon drops.
    Also find it weird, that we dont seem to get any XP from refining... should atleast give a little..
    But guess I'll see if I can trade crafted items with buddy in guild.

I think the fastest craft to level, is provisioning... Its redicules fast. Even at level 20, I only have to make 5-6 drinks and bam... level 21.
    The materials can be rather random to get however.
    Still, met a guy with level 35 provisining on the 2nd day of early access...