Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

4/5 of my guilds are trading guilds...

illogicbh
illogicbh
✭✭✭
Is this a bad thing? I feel like since there is not an AH so to speak I need to be in as many trading guilds as I can...what do you think?
Savvy?

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd hardly say anyone could say it's a 'bad' or 'good' thing. If that works for you, then stay with it.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Simonie
    Simonie
    Do what you think is best for you! I don't think it's a bad idea.
    Templar | Member of Légion QC | Aldmeri Dominion
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Name drop?
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    No auction house in such a big game is a very bad idea. Passing the responsibility to guilds to initiate organized commerce is ***.

But, if they were to enable guilds to open up their own Trade Shops open to the public, this would be an excellent idea. Doubt they will though...
  • eliteman19
    okay quick question here (sorry im a noob) but what is the purpose of a trading guild and are they something a noob could get into to help get started?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliteman19 wrote: »
    okay quick question here (sorry im a noob) but what is the purpose of a trading guild and are they something a noob could get into to help get started?

@eliteman19
    The purpose of the trading guild is, basically, a guild that functions as a store. You sell your stuff in the guild store, or buy items that you can't make/find yourself.
    It's basically just what it says on the tin, a guild that allows members to trade with each other.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Simonie
    Simonie
    A trade guild is a guild based only for trading stuff instead of having people interact with each other to play the game. Since you can join 5 different guilds, some people take the opportunity to have a guild where members play together, have fun and make friends and another guild for trading purpose only.
    Templar | Member of Légion QC | Aldmeri Dominion
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people join trading guilds. It's the only reason I'll bother with a guild actually.
  • eliteman19
    Coggage wrote: »
    Lots of people join trading guilds. It's the only reason I'll bother with a guild actually.

okay thankyou for the helpful answers i understand them now just need to figure out how to join one!!

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh , i shall have the same OP , dont worry :P.

Even better if i can get 500 man trading guilds ofc.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    We need to push for an auction house. I mean eso is a megaserver, and there isnt a AH? Seriously?

I mean it wouldnt be totally bad if you can make a separate character and have him in a trade guild alliance...but the guilds you joined are account bound!

So unless you buy a separate account solely for trading, expect to be frustrated with the current system.
  • ManiacMcLaughton
    People don't remember MMO's before Auction Houses. Personally, I am VERY happy with the lack of an auction house. Auction houses bring with it a type of player that i'm very happy to keep shoved out of my games.

As for trading guilds, thats actually why they changed the maximum member size of the guilds.. to make this not as effective as it was, or to simply have one trading guild for everyone to join (basically creating an auction house). Zenimax has made it VERY clear that they want you to get to know your crafters.. and they want you to trade with friends. This adds back a personal level to the game that has been missing.. basically since EverQuest.

So get to know good crafters... trade them hard to find traited gear for favors, and make an MMO "personal" again
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems cool to me. Will be more interesting over time as people that act like toolbags start getting black listed and effectively banned from AHs :)
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    Seems cool to me. Will be more interesting over time as people that act like toolbags start getting black listed and effectively banned from AHs :)

This right here, means that you need to go and make relationships with people and have consequences for your actions, I for one am happy for the no AH i like going out and looking for a trade with someone, or making a deal with someone who may farm iron all day while i farm jute and we make trades so i can get iron and they can get jute. It is a great way to do things I think. If you don't want to trade with people or spend the time looking then that is why a character can do all the crafting and gathering and you can do it yourself.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
  • Krayor
    Krayor
    ✭✭✭
    People don't remember MMO's before Auction Houses. Personally, I am VERY happy with the lack of an auction house.

People who say the second statement generally fall into the first statement. That's what makes this quote very ironic.

The ESO Economy screams, "major afterthought with little effort put into it!"
  • hamletsbatb14_ESO
    hamletsbatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No auction house in such a big game is a very bad idea. Passing the responsibility to guilds to initiate organized commerce is ***.

But, if they were to enable guilds to open up their own Trade Shops open to the public, this would be an excellent idea. Doubt they will though...

You do realize this is what guilds were originally created to do right? Kind of like unions...in a way.

And guilds can set up shop for everyone, but right now they have to own a keep in Cyrodiil.

Edited by hamletsbatb14_ESO on April 2, 2014 8:00AM
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only bad if YOU aren't happy about it ;)
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayor wrote: »
    People don't remember MMO's before Auction Houses. Personally, I am VERY happy with the lack of an auction house.

People who say the second statement generally fall into the first statement. That's what makes this quote very ironic.
    Meh. I don't care about having an AH as long as there is a way to sell your stuff to others or trade.